Privacy Statement Summary:
|Who will use my data?||Bird Online Jobs Limited|
|What for?||We will store and process your data in order to allow us to provide our services to you as a recruitment specialist. We will also send any relevant details to authorities such as HMRC, Inland Revenue and any other organisation that requires them by law.|
|What will happen if I contact you?||If you contact us as a candidate looking for work, we will use your information to send you the information that you have requested and updates, job vacancies and other information that we think you will be interested in. If you contact us as a client with possible vacancies to fill or with other related requests, we will use your information to send any requested information as well as updates and other information that we think you will be interested in as well as updates relevant to the positions advertised. We may share your details with our trusted third party clients|
|What data will be stored?||As an applicant, client, or employee, we will store your personal details such as application forms, identity documents and bank details in order to provide our services to you. We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers. Any information about former employers will only be stored provided consent can be acquired within one month. These will be stored in order to provide our recruitment services to you. As a potential employer, we will store any data required in order to provide our services to you and meet any contractual obligations. This might include potential contact information for example DOB, Gender, Previous and current work history, Address, Telephone number, email address, and any other information relevant to your application or process|
|What data will be shared?||We will only share any data that is particularly relevant to our process in order to provide the services that we offer. We will only share information with third parties detailed in this policy as necessary to provide are recruitment services. Data will be shared with our clients, CV Library & and any other third party necessary to complete your application. JOBS ALERTS By signing up for email job alerts you will be opting in to receive daily job alerts from Bird Online Jobs Limited . We will share your email address and job-related preferences with the vendor that we use to send you email job alerts. You can unsubscribe from these email job alerts at any time. WEBSITES WE OPERATE This policy covers all websites operated by Bird Online Jobs Limited including and not limited to. * southwalesjobs.co.uk * jobsinwales.org * northwalesjobs.co.uk * jobs.cymru * manchesterjobsboard.com * birminghamjobsboard.com * londonjobsboard.com * cardiffjobs.org * swanseajobs.net * ukjobsboard.com * ukjobnetwork.com * jobsboard.net * jobsboard.org * jobsnearme.careers * london.careers * manchester.careers Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) The purpose of this document is to outline Bird Online Jobs Limited policy in relation to the management of “right to erasure” (also known as “right to be forgotten”) requests. It promotes the right of data subjects to request the removal of personal data held about them, in electronic or hard copy form, by Bird Online Jobs Limited, as the data controller. It also outlines the procedure to be followed by data subjects when submitting a right to erasure request to Bird Online Jobs Limited. This policy outlines how Bird Online Jos Limited will meet its legal obligations under Article 17 of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) upon receipt of a right to erasure request. The Right to Erasure Policy is maintained by Bird Online Jobs Limited’s Data Protection Officer (DPO), who is responsible for dealing with all right to erasure requests received by the organisation. All questions or comments related to this policy or a specific right to erasure requests should be directed to the DPO. What is personal information? Personal information is any data, in both physical and electronical form, related to an identified or identifiable person. It includes anything that can be used to identify a person, directly or indirectly, by means of his or her physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identify. What is a right to erasure request? A data subject right to erasure request is a written or verbal request for personal information (known as personal data) held about you by Bird Online Jobs Limited. Under Article 17 if the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the right to request the removal of personal data stored by Bird Online Jobs Limited without undue delay. Data subjects have the right to have their personal data erased if: • The controller no longer needs the data for the purpose that it was originally collected; Bird Online Jobs Limited – Right to Erasure Policy • The individual withdraws consent; • The individual objects to the processing and the organisation has no overriding legitimate interest in the data; • The controller or processor collected the data unlawfully; • The data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation; or • The data was processed in relation to the offer of information society services to a child. Transfers outside the EU We may transfer your data to client companies in the US who are part of the privacy shield network and as such will ensure your data at all times is protected. What you should consider before sharing any personal data with us Please do not share any personal data that could be considered sensitive, whether in your personal statement, your CV, or job application cover letter. This includes data such as health, date of birth, passport number, bank details and photographs. Whilst we endeavour to ensure the security of all data we hold, it is your responsibility to provide only data which is appropriate to your job search.|
|How long?||We store data for as long as we deem it is required in order to deliver a service to you, that is both useful and still required. We base this on several assumptions relating to how long it has been since the data was provided, and how long it has been since you last interacted with us. Bird Online Jobs Limited will keep your profile and CV for 36 months from the date you last logged in to your profile, at which point we will email you, checking whether you would like us to keep your CV. If we don’t hear from you, we will then delete your profile within 30 days.|
|Who can access my data?||We will never sell, share or otherwise distribute your data to any other third party other than as described here. We will share your information with any regulator or legal body that requests it as well as any parties relevant to the application process. Whether that be client companies with possible vacancies, or applicants to any roles. If you sign-up for job alerts we will share your data with our trusted client’s for the purpose of providing you with such alerts through Bird Online Jobs Limited.|
|How is my data kept secure?||We will store your data on secure UK based servers which will be processed in the UK. We use industry standard security protocols/technology to secure data.|
- Be processed fairly and lawfully
- Be obtained only for specific, lawful purposes
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Be accurate and kept up to date
- Not be held for any longer than is necessary
- Processed in accordance with the rights of the data subjects
- Be protected in appropriate ways
- Not be transferred outside the European Economic Area, unless that country or territory also ensures an adequate level of protection
We take these responsibilities seriously, this document describes our approach to data protection. This policy helps to protect us from data security risks, including:
- Breaches of confidentiality. For instance, information being given out inappropriately.
- Failing to offer choice. For instance, all individuals should be free to choose how the company uses data relating to them.
- Reputational damage. For instance, the company could suffer if hackers successfully gained access to sensitive data.
- Names of Individuals
- Postal addresses
- Email Addresses
- Telephone numbers
What this policy applies to This section describes the lawful basis for processing your data and applies to the information about yourself that you choose to provide us with or that you allow us to collect. This includes:
- The Information you provide when you contact us
- When you contact us in order to discuss using our services
- Information we collect about how you use the website
- Information relating to products and services we offer to you and other transactions including financial and other personal information required to complete these transactions
- Information that is given and stored as part of our ongoing relationship
We do not collect or process sensitive data about you. How your information will be used We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it and as you would reasonably expect your data to be processed and only where there is a lawful basis for such processing, for example:
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing|
|To register you as a new client||(a) Identity, (b) Contact||Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver our services you request including recruitment and employment services, managing payments, fees and charges, and to collect and recover money owed to us||(a) Identity, (b) Contact, (c) Financial, (d) Transaction, (e) Marketing and Communications||(a) Performance of a contract with you, (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests to recover debts owed to us|
|To administer and protect our business and our site (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Identity, (b) Contact, (c) Technical||(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise, (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
|To deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and measure and understand the effectiveness of our advertising||(a) Identity, (b) Contact, (c) Profile, (d) Usage, (e) Marketing and Communications, (f) Technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical, (b) Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our site updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity, (b) Contact, (c) Technical, (d) Usage, (e) Profile||Necessary for our legitimate interests to develop our products/services and grow our business|
As an employee / candidate: We may collect and process information about you, including your name, date of birth, address, contact details (including email address and mobile phone number), employment details, and other data collected as part of any application for employment. We may take personal information from:
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address)
- Information that you provide when completing your application (including your name, gender, date of birth and any educational details and employment details you provide)
- Information that you provide to us when signing up to any lists to receive correspondence from us
- Information relating to any vacancies, jobs, or employment you accept
Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
- To respond to queries from you regarding vacancies and employment
- To manage and administer the relationships between you and us
- To notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you; for example, we will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us
- To obtain feedback from you regarding us
- Tell you about any place of work changes e.g shift patterns, New assignments or any other changes regarding your Job Role.
- Requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us
- If you provided us with your details and ticked the box at the point of entry of your details for us to send you marketing communications
- You have not opted out of receiving marketing
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes. Our obligations We are a data controller. In relation to the information that you provide to us, we are legally responsible for how that information is handled. We will comply with the GDPR (2018) in the way we use and share your personal data. Among other things, this means that we will only use your personal data:
- Fairly and lawfully
- As set out in the legislation and this policy
- To the extent necessary for these purposes
- We will take steps to ensure your data is accurate and rectify data as necessary
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/ You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated. Third Parties We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes described in this document:
- For candidates/workers – Prospective employers and companies that may offer you work
- For clients – Candidates / employees / workers that may be interested in any vacancies
- For all users of our site:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, credit scoring, banking, legal, fraud protection, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.