UK Job Network
The Yard Person is responsible for the booking in and out of equipment for hire, and equipment returned. To load and unload vehicles and receive goods in to the depot, Maintain/improve yard area’s and ensure good housekeeping.
Complete audits as requested and contribute to the annual stock check.
Working as part of the depot operations team and providing full operational support to all areas of the business.
* Enter asset number information in the system and confirm hires in the system.
* Load delivery vehicles using system generated paperwork.
* Ensure all external hauliers have the relevant delivery paperwork and BCS drivers are loaded with allocated deliveries only.
* Receive all off hired equipment in to the depot, unloading and checking paperwork for accuracy of plant numbers etc.
* Transfer information from the paperwork supplied to the returns register for processing, highlighting any queries or issues with the Utilisation Team.
* Check equipment for damage and highlight to the fitter Team Leader.
* Ensure safety, lifting and survey equipment is transferred to the Bescot depot.
Service & Maintenance
* Prepare non mechanical plant for hire; cleaning down, painting and checking ready for hire.
* Complete workshop jobs for all non-mechanical plant service and maintenance work completed, detailing labour and parts used.
* Support the Tools, Plant, Specialist and Tunnelling operations with various duties including cleaning down equipment and painting.
* Key holder for the barrier system in the depot, accepting vehicles in to the yard ensuring a banksman is provided for all reversing and drivers follow the sign in procedure.
* Slinger/signaler duties for loading/unloading.
* Maintain accurate stock levels within the system by ensuring orders are picked accurately.
* Report stock issues and highlight where customer orders could potentially be delayed.
* Complete stock audits as requested, feeding back to the plant manager and Quality Team.
* Support the business during annual stock checks.
Health and Safety
Complete tasks in accordance with the depot risk assessments, notify the Plant manager of any potential noncompliance.
Report accidents and near misses using the correct methods.
Ensure the correct PPE is used in the depot at all times.
Maintain excellent levels of housekeeping, ensure areas are free from waste and trip hazards etc.
Complete weekly checks for all equipment used within the depot as listed in department file.
First Aider responsibilities.
Fire Warden Responsibilities and checks, including fire alarm testing every Monday at 11:00(training will be provided).
Ensure works are carried out in accordance with processes.
Contribute to continuous improvement by providing suggestions and feedback to Management.
Work to agreed timescales updating the Plant manager on progress.
Maintain good communication with other Team Leaders and Management at all times.
All orders are to be wrapped, banded and packaged as per delivery method
Register your CV and be found by over 10,00+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV