UK Job Network
£35,000 – £40,000 (flexible depending on experience)
Monday – Friday, Days
I’m currently recruiting for an experienced Transport Manager to join a leading general haulage and container operation.
They are seeking a Transport Manager to support the current transport operation in the management of the operator’s compliance and the management of the transport team.
* CPC – Transport Management Qualification
* Proven experience within the management of circa 60+ Artics & Drivers
* Previous Transport management experience within the General Haulage and Containers is highly desirable
* Transport planning background or proven experience of leading transport planning teams is desirable
* The ability to grow and develop general haulage contracts
* Experience within a similar transport manager position
* Must have a ‘can do’ attitude
* Presentable, polite and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
* Strong customer service skills
* Competent decision making
* Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Duties and Responsibilities;
* Manage the development, performance and maintenance of the organisation’s transport
* Ensure & oversee that an effective vehicle defect system is in place
* Monitor OCRS scores & encounter reports
* Maintain and keep driving records for a period of 12 months
* Ensure, arrange and oversees Driver CPC training program
* Supervision of route planning, resource allocation and management, driver supervision
* Customer service – resolving customer issues/complaints and ensuring critical KPI's are met.
* Supervision of 10 x transport office staff
* Procedural accuracy, training and full compliance of all transport operations
* Preparation of management reports, including MPG, activity, costs/vehicles, monthly budgets, collection efficiency and yard service
If you have Transport Manager Experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.