Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Job Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
Acorn is currently recruiting for a Town Ranger based around Shepton Mallet, on behalf of The National Grounds Maintenance. This company provides services in landscape design, construction, park management and grounds maintenance.
The key responsibility of this role will be the maintenance and upkeep of Collet Park, which has been awarded Green Flag status for several years.
The successful candidate will lead a small and dedicated team who are responsible for the grounds and horticultural maintenance in the park, as well as other small areas in the Shepton Mallet area.
Duties to include:
* Cutting grass
* Shrub and hedge maintenance
* Small general repairs
* General upkeep of facilities within the park
* Use of ride-on mowers, hedge-cutters, and other handheld machinery (training provided)
Further role requirements:
* A positive and productive attitude with the ability to work under pressure
* Excellent communication skills
* The ability to deal with members of the public, community groups, and other users of the park
* Ability to plan and organise the workload for the team on site on a daily basis
* Awareness of health and safety issues relating to the park and open space environment
* Motivated, energetic and enthusiastic
* Open to a flexible work pattern when required to assist with events held in the park and town
* Hold a full clean drivers licence
* Ability to liaise directly with the client to keep them informed of any issues within the park
Pay rates: £10.75 per hour – Weekly paid
Hours: 5 days a week 8am – 5pm, including some Saturdays
For more information on this job role, please contact Nick Graff at Acorn Recruitment.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.