UK Job Network
Rate of pay: £18,772 to £19,760 pa
Location: Port Talbot
Hours: Mon to Fri 8 to 5pm, 38 pw
This is an excellent opportunity for a full-time experienced Purchasing Assistant to join a well-established engineering business based on the Baglan Industrial Estate in Port Talbot.
To administer purchasing, working with requisitioners and accounts colleagues to ensure purchases are processed correctly and accurately to achieve deadlines
* Raising purchase orders for goods – liaising with suppliers and colleagues for checking quantities and price
* Processing purchase orders, goods receipt and purchase invoices and related tasks
* Ensure all purchases have the correct authority
* Ordering stationery and refreshment supplies
* Communicating with suppliers regarding outstanding quotations or orders
In addition to the tasks described above, you may be expected to undertake reception duties, answer the telephone, open mail, and welcome guests.
What you'll need to succeed
* Experience of purchasing and associated administration processes
* Good communication skills
* Good IT skills – Microsoft Office – including Excel and Word
* Knowledge of relevant modules of SAP or other software
* Accurate data entry and record keeping
* Good organisational skills
This is an urgent vacancy if you wish to be considered for this role, please send your CV direct to Totec today
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.