UK Job Network
You will work for Catch22 supporting both Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire local authorities. You will also work in close partnership with Safeguarding Children Board partners, especially Children's Social Care and Staffordshire Police.
You will be providing holistic family support to children and young people who have been identified as being subjected to or at significant risk of child criminal exploitation through urban gang affiliation, whether they perceive themselves to be at risk or not. You will be raising awareness of Child Exploitation (CE) and Youth Crime issues across the Stoke-On-Trent and Staffordshire areas through the delivery of one-to-one intervention, group work and training events to a broad cross-section of society, including children, parents, partners and agencies.
As a Child Exploitation Case Worker your main duties will include:
* Undertaking one to one work with children and young people vulnerable to Youth Crime, Gang affiliation and Child Exploitation.
* Undertaking assessments of young people and holding a caseload of up to 10 young people at any one time.
* Working in partnership with Children’s Social Care and the Police to facilitate support where CE and Youth Crime is highlighted as a risk.
* Conduct Educational Awareness training within both Local Authorities Inc. placement providers, educational settings and with parents and young people.
* Identifying and supporting access to additional or specialist services for young people and parents where necessary to ensure their needs are met and risks factors are reduced.
* Supporting and supervising volunteers/ mentors and student social workers on placement.
* In cases of Police investigation, giving additional support to young victims to make sure their voices and views are heard, and that they are supported and protected before, during and after a court case.
Click here for Job Description
Register your CV and be found by over 10,00+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV