Job Type: Full Time / Temporary
Minimum Salary: 11.11
Maximum Salary: 11.11
Job Location: Stockport, Greater Manchester
Job Title: Support Secretary – 20 hrs per week
Trust Location: Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
Would you like to be a part of a team that works well together, always there to help each other? If you answered yes, then Stockport NHS Foundation Trust is the place for you.
About the Trust
Stepping Hill Hospital is located on Poplar Grove Stockport, and it is easily accessible via both car and public transport. There is on-site parking (fees will apply). It has an on-site restaurant where staff are eligible for a discount. There is also a café where drinks and light snacks are available. There are also on-site shops and free Wi-Fi.
What you’ll be responsible for:
* This role is to provide a support secretarial service and complete all associated correspondence for the Consultant body within Acute Medicine in the Division of Integrated Care.
* Dealing with telephone enquiries, letters, email, collation of information/results and typing of clinics
* Demonstrate an ability to prioritise work within timescale.
* Deal with administration of department to assist clinical staff/managers.
You’ll learn the following whilst working at the trust:
* An in depth understanding of the roles and responsibilities involved in working within the NHS
* Knowledge of the systems used, to effectively complete your role to the highest standard at all times
* A sense of teamwork, gained through working alongside and supporting colleagues from all levels, within the organisation
You’ll have the following skills/experience:
* System knowledge – Patient centre and Advantis
* Winscribe experience
* Excellent telephone manner
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
* Excellent IT skills
Depending on the Trust, you may require variable additional certification and skills.
As a member of NHS Professionals, you have fantastic benefits:
* Competitive pay rates- work this week, get paid next week
* Essential support when you need it- 24/7 365 days- call us anytime
* Multi locational- work across neighbouring Trusts
* Manage your shifts and timesheets on the go- access your “My Bank” shift portal anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
* Varied working options to suit your lifestyle- access to the Bank gives you options of ad hoc shifts or longer-term placements
* Training and development opportunities- Keep up with the essentials and more
* Build holiday allowance for every shift you work- your work life balance is important to us
* Stakeholder pension scheme available- a flexible future for you and yours
Who are NHS Professionals?
We specialise in putting people in place to care. Every year we help thousands of dedicated candidates and highly skilled NHS workers enjoy better career opportunities, access to more shifts and a healthier work-life balance, giving more choice and control to our members.
As an equal opportunities’ organisation, NHSP is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective Bank members and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender reassignment, or marriage and civil partnership. We believe there is a strong case for the Equality, Diversity and inclusion agenda and we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants form a range of backgrounds to apply.
By joining us you can look forward to a choice of flexible Bank shifts across any of our client Trusts in England, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in several wards or areas.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
NHS Professionals manage your data, please see our Privacy Notice on our website