UK Job Network
Cobham Mission Systems have an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Project Manager (known internally as a Procurement Manager).
Responsible for scoping, designing, the implementation and management of the total product supply chain throughout the product lifecycle process – from Bid stage through development and qualification/certification, to production and through life support. Key is to meet cost and timing elements of the business case through creation and management of:
* Programme supply chain requirements e.g. schedule, technical, commercial and quality requirement flow downs for all market opportunities
* Developing (with Operations) the supply chain design including Supply Base, Make vs Buy, condition of supply, kitting/tiering, etc.
* Generating robust material RC cost models and NRC costs Inc. timing of implementation for all elements of the product B.O.M
* Ensuring supply chains are in place that enable the products to be supported through life, particularly post serial manufacture – involving supplier transitions, sourcing and obsolescence management
This role is based from Wimborne, Dorset.
We are able to offer flexible working arrangements, such as working remotely with attendance on site on an agreed basis as required.
As a Supply Chain Project Manager, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* CIPS and/or APM qualifications or equivalent desirable Project/Programme management (3- 5 years +)– desirable to have knowledge of development/qualification programmes, production and through life support
* Experience of designing supply chains, in conjunction with operations
* Experience of setting up suppliers – Inc. selecting new suppliers, setting up multiple suppliers, dual sourcing, supplier performance management
* Commercial and financial acumen
* Understanding of Lifecycle Management Processes / Engineering Design Gates
* Good team working skills – experience of working in a matrix organisation to deliver new products
* Ideally a graduate in a Technical, Procurement and/or Programme Management field(s)
As a Supply Chain Project Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
Supply Chain Requirements Capture & Flowdown
* Supply Chain requirements capture – technical, commercial, financial, quality
* Design external supply chain to integrate into product manufacturing plan
* Supply Chain requirement flowdown from above, through work packages
* Determine whether supply chains can be developed to support product opportunities at initial Bid/No Bid decision gate
* Creates/manages procurement plans to ensure programme compliance to requirement and business case from initial bid, through delivery to through life support
Commercial Requirements Management and Compliance
* Customer Commercial requirements capture and flowdown
* Compliance with customer flow-downs – offset, DFAR, quality, etc
Delivery – Supply Chain Cost & Schedule Management
* Continuous improvement projects to modernize supply chain through life cycle
* Responsible for delivery of all established programme objectives in supply chain via work packages, to cost and schedule
* Accountable for determining cost and implementation schedule for these supply chains
* Understand critical dependencies impacting the schedule, including internal and supplier dependencies and manage any escalations accordingly
* Embed supply chain implementation schedule into overall programme schedule.
* Establish and manages risk and opportunity plans
* Drives cost/schedule compliance for all supply chain work packages being delivered in the product B.O.M throughout the lifecycle; and any other Procurement budgets
People & Stakeholders
* Manages (in a matrix structure) wider procurement team members delivering supply chain work packages for their products; establishing sourcing strategies
* Customer facing role to represent Supply chain and Support customer meetings and audits as applicable
* Co-operates with management to meet the employer’s legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
* Coaching/mentoring procurement personnel
About Cobham Mission Systems
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
We offer challenging and rewarding roles across a wide range of disciplines that combine to make us a true global technology and service leader.
Our ethos is rooted firmly in our history of innovation, leadership and empowerment and we take great pride in solving the big problems that others can’t. If it can be done we can find a way.
We believe in operating as a team, both among ourselves and alongside our partners. And we believe in pushing our potential to its very limit.
After all, we did not get to where we are now, nor will we succeed in the future, by being unambiguous or complacent. For us, Every Mission Matters.
What You Can Expect From Us
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes an annual bonus, employer matched pension scheme of up to 12%, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with options to buy/sell 5 days per year, company funded life cover of 3x salary and income protection scheme as well as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme. In addition, we offer a wide range of additional benefits through our Cobham Choice Benefit Portal covering Health & Wellbeing benefits, Insurances, Cycle Scheme, Gym Flex, Technology Scheme and discounted Retail Vouchers to name a few
Register your CV and be found by over 10,00+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV