UK Job Network
As a Fraser’s group employee, you will be part of one of the UKs fastest growing retailers. We are rethinking retail and with our varied collection of brands, we’ve never been afraid to strive forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying our portfolio and elevating stores. We are pushing the boundaries of traditional retail environments and future proofing our business. Reporting to the Store Manager, you will have technical mechanic and retail supervisory responsibility within your store, ensuring that your role supports the rest of the store management team with the day to day management, alongside using your technical skills to repair and build customer bikes.
Through previous industry experience or a pure passion for cycling, you will support the daily workload of our workshops, ensuring scheduled services are booked and completed and customers new bikes are built and ready for collection. The role doesn’t stop there though. We ask all Evans colleagues to engage with our customers and support them from buying their first bike, right up to elite cyclists that drop in for a high end purchase.
As a Supervisor Workshop Technician, you will enjoy the balance of mixing your mechanic skills and retail operations together.
The Ambition and responsibilities of the role
Key Result Areas and Competencies:
* Support with daily workload and delegation to the team for both Workshop and Shop Floor
* Supervise work, check completion and deliver to expectation set by line manager
* Understand all process and procedures and set the example for others
* Demonstrate good practice with seasonal guidelines, campaigns and merchandising principles
* Support with maintaining store environment and housekeeping standards
* Support senior management to coach the team
* Understand daily operations and how to set up the Workshop and Shop Floor
* Compliance with all back of house procedures and staff searches
* Understand company policy and rules regarding security measures and demonstrate compliance with these
* Understand and carry out cashing up and ensure process and controls are met
* Understand how to maximise servicing and sales opportunities and ensure an exceptional customer experience in line with customer and business requirements
* Understand product features and benefits, ensuring knowledge is kept up to date in line with new products
* Understand KPI targets and expectations to achieve results
* Understand how to check, assemble and correctly build bikes, undertake repairs and all levels of service
* Hold a recognised cycle service qualification or completion of the Evans Cycles qualification
* Understand and comply with all health and safety procedures
* Manage the booking process for services and repairs
* Consistently meet agreed build and servicing targets
* Complete safety checks and fit accessories
* Advise and recommend products and services to suit customer need and budget
* Use skills and knowledge to drive workshop KPI’s
An opportunity like this at Frasers Group is for the fearless. The potential is massive, the experience unrivalled.
To be able to make the most of it you need to live and breathe our principles – you will:
Own it and back yourself
* Demonstrates a positive approach to all their work and gives the best of themselves to every task and challenge
* Brings an appetite for a challenge even if it means making and learning from mistakes
Think without limits and take the team with you
* Is willing to look for new and different ways of working, trusting their instincts when they think there is a better way
* Encourages and supports others to push themselves and deliver great work
Don’t hesitate and act with purpose
* Acts with purpose and pace, executing every task they do quickly, effectively and efficiently
* Takes new ideas and implements them quickly, avoiding over thinking and indecisiveness
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.