UK Job Network
Salary: up to £20,500 FTE
Start date: Early 2022
Contract type: Part time (30 hours), permanent
Location: Liverpool John Moores University International Study Centre
Our Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) International Study Centre is looking for a Student Experience Officer to work with the Student Experience Team to support students to achieve their goals while they study with us.
The Student Experience Officer will ensure each student has access to relevant, timely and accurate information within the Student Experience Team’s remit, with particular focus on attendance, community building and welfare. The post holder will give advice and guidance and work with individual students who require further support. Building our student community through social events, student reps and engaging content on our virtual learning environment will also be a key responsibility.
The post holder will create and sustain a high level of attendance and study engagement at the International Study Centre (ISC) by implementing strategies for engagement and supporting cohorts of students who are identified as at risk of not achieving the relevant progression requirements for their chosen undergraduate/postgraduate programme at LJMU.
Our team are dynamic, dedicated, and passionate about giving our students a remarkable experience during their studies in the UK. We will give you the support and training that you need to succeed and offer excellent career opportunities. The right candidate will have extensive previous experience working in a pastoral role as well as the passion for creating unforgettable experiences for our students and ability to deliver a calendar of social activities throughout the academic year.
* Foster positive relationships with students and deal with their requests and concerns in a professional and prompt manner
* To provide student facing advice and support at reception (in-centre reception or remote reception functions (e.g., Email/phone/Zoom)
* Create written/visual guidance and FAQs for students as a resource to be used to help students understand processes
* To support with researching, planning, coordinating, and running suitable and attractive activities and events for international students on various themes engaging with students regarding potential events and encouraging participation and attendance (occasional out of hours work may be required). Events may be run by the Student Experience Officer independently or with the assistance of other Student Experience or Academic staff and include themes such as (wellbeing, life skills, ice breakers, external trips, art, cooking, cultural festivals, visa compliance, university transition etc.),
* Assist with the distribution of student surveys and encourage student participation
* To lead on planning and running of induction for new students
* To work closely with the Welfare Officer in monitoring student attendance
* To assist with activities in relation to UKVI and GDPR compliance requirements
* To assist Welfare Officer with attendance monitoring processes e.g., by holding initial attendance meetings with students and sending informal warning emails.
* Encourage general wellbeing, physical and mental health amongst the student community
* To work with the Welfare Officer to organise wellbeing themed events/activities
* Promote and safeguard the welfare of students with whom you come into contact, with particular regard for under 18’s
* To build an understanding of the processes within the remit of the Student Experience Team and when necessary, assist colleagues in areas such as compliance, timetabling and assessment administration
* Assist the Student Experience Team with administrative duties such as filing, collating student reports, data input etc. Cover administration duties for other members of staff when absent and during peak periods.
* To provide support at meetings as required, producing agendas and minutes.
* To assist with producing and maintaining detailed process guides for your areas of responsibility
The successful candidate for this role is expected to demonstrate that they have skills and prior experience in the following areas:
* At least one year’s experience of working in a customer services environment (essential)
* Events planning and facilitating (essential)
* Working with international students (desirable)
* Working in a Higher Education or Further Education environment (desirable)
* Using data management systems (desirable)
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017, 2018 and 2020 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.