Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Job Location: Gaydon
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Our in-house legal team are looking to expand in order to support our rapidly changing business and its legal requirements. We are looking for an enthusiastic Solicitor/Associate/Senior Associate with previous IT and commercial experience to provide advice and direction to the business on a wide variety of contractual matters, with a particular focus on procurement and digitalisation. The role requires direct interaction with our procurement team, engineers, other business support functions and external suppliers and, as such, provides a real opportunity to work with a cross-functional team and help shape the future of Jaguar Land Rover.
The successful candidate will join an existing team of 12 lawyers. The role is full-time and will report to the Head of Legal – Digitalisation, Innovation and Enterprise. Whilst the role will be primarily UK based over our Whitley and Gaydon sites, there may be requirements to travel both nationally and internationally.
You will be responsible for:
* Providing legal advice in a commercial context, in particular helping the business to achieve its objectives and understand any legal implications.
* Advising, drafting and negotiating on a variety of IT contract matters, including software licence agreements, SaaS arrangements, computer-aided design and engineering software, connectivity and compatibility with in-car technologies, telecommunications agreements, hosting arrangements and strategic partnerships with global IT players.
* Expectation to also support wider commercial contracts, including logistics, capital equipment, professional services, R&D collaborations and movement and sale of components, many of which will be of high value and complexity.
* Identifying key legal and commercial risks and making decisions which have significant and critical impact to the business.
* Working closely with our legal colleagues
* Managing a high workload, whilst meeting critical deadlines.
* Drafting new template documents and delivering legal training.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* be a qualified solicitor with the right to practice in England and Wales.
* have strong commercial acumen with the ability to identify key legal and commercial risks and provide solution driven advice.
* have good attention to detail.
* have effective prioritisation skills with an ability to juggle a large and varied workload.
* have excellent communication skills with the ability to process commercial and technical information and present the output in a user-friendly way which is easily understandable by non-lawyers at all levels of the business.
* be willing to question and challenge business decisions and individual stakeholders at all levels.
* be a good team player, showing awareness of team function as a whole and flexibility to undertake any other work as may be required by the team.
* be adaptable in your approach
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.