Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Minimum Salary: 26000.00
Maximum Salary: 26000.00
Job Location: Newport
Skills Tutor – Newport, Wales
Responsible to: PEAK Project Coordinator
Responsible for: Working with Learners and Tutors on the PEAK Project to ensure appropriate learning and support takes place, with required records completed and maintained and agreed qualifications achieved within set timescales.
Job purpose: To support and guide Learners attending the project, in working towards unit certificates and personal development through practical and classroom-based activities.
Salary: £26,000 (pro-rata) Full Time, Part Time and Job share applicants considered.
Annual Leave: Term time only, school holidays off
Closing Date: 18th November 2022
Acorn's client is a third-sector recycling and reuse Charity that offers a range of recycling, reuse and education services in South Wales. The PEAK Project aims to provide learning and personal development support for 13-16-year olds who are not in, or partially engaged in mainstream schooling. Through practical activities and some classroom-based work the young people are to able work towards a variety of unit based certificates.
* To effectively plan and undertake practical and classroom-based activities with Learners, including the design of learning resources and lesson plans
* To ensure that all activities undertaken provide evidence towards Learner's qualifications as appropriate
* Provide coaching and mentoring support for children aged 13-16 with learning difficulties and behavioural issues
* To carry out inductions with Learners and complete daily progress reports
* To provide prospective Learners with information about the Project and the development opportunities available
* To liaise as required with external agencies, including Schools, Pupil Referral Units and Social Services
* Effectively managing challenging behaviour of Learners
* Maintain Learner portfolios with evidence towards their chosen qualifications
* To carry out daily and weekly related administrative duties required to enable the smooth running of our programmes
* Work with the Project Coordinator and Awarding Bodies to ensure the delivery of qualifications is in line with internal and external requirements
* Maintain effective communication with other Tutors and Volunteers and the Project Coordinator, to ensure the smooth running of the project
* To monitor Health and Safety within the setting
* To ensure equality and fair treatment of people is applied and maintained at all times
* Teaching qualification (will accept an Award in Education and Learning, FE/Adult Teaching qualification)
* Member of Education Workforce Council Wales (EWC) or willing to apply
* Practical skills in the following areas: woodwork, art, photography
* Proven ability to work with children aged 13-16 with learning and behavioural issues
* Effective communication skills
* Ability to work within a stressful environment
* Leadership and management skills
* Enhanced CRB check required (Cost borne by company)
* Safeguarding children Level 2 (or willing to undertake course, cost borne by company)
* Knowledge of catering, bicycle repair, horticulture, plumbing
* Experience of delivering Agored Cymru units or similar awarding body
* Knowledge of child protection issues and health and safety
* Youth work experience
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.