UK Job Network
Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission – to safely and successfully manage the UK’s civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements.
At Magnox, we understand, and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace. Without this approach, we wouldn’t be in the position that we are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation.
Hear from the Hiring Manager…
“We are looking for a capable and enthusiastic technical support officer to join and support our project teams to decommission the SGHWR prototype nuclear reactor and other major nuclear facilities at our Winfrith site in Dorset.”
The purpose of this role is to provide technical and engineering support, with some CAD capability, to SGHWR and other Site Decommissioning Projects at Winfrith. Main responsibilities include:
* To act as the focal point to manage and provide technical information and knowledge to the project team and others to maintain compliance and support SGHWR decommissioning and maintenance operations. The information includes compliance documents, engineering drawings, photos, survey information and other technical documentation. The role requires maintaining an awareness of the accuracy and completeness of this information and developing strategies to confirm critical information and/or fill any gaps.
* To support the development of technical strategies, approaches and methodologies to deliver Decommissioning Projects. This includes providing senior level technical support and advice, to obtain and manage adequate technical information and manage interfaces between and within project areas.
* Provide CAD support to projects including managing, preparing and reviewing CAD layouts and drawings, and 3D models. Manage CAD support provided by others.
* To provide general technical support and advice to other Decommissioning Projects and/or other Magnox projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Appropriate qualification in Mechanical Engineering, preferably at degree level or at least HND level (NQF level 5).
* Significant experience in a practising Mechanical Engineering or senior technical support role on nuclear and/or conventional industrial plant in a highly regulated environment.
* Detailed understanding of relevant Company and/or national engineering standards and relevant regulations, e.g. CDM.
* Good engineering working knowledge preferably including Safety Rules, risk assessment methodology, Nuclear Site Licence conditions, and Quality Management System requirements.
Salary & Benefits:
* Competitive salary with access to performance linked pay progression
* 25 days annual leave
* Participation in Company Bonus Scheme
* Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount
* Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development
Please be aware this role holder requires Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
At Magnox we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, we therefore particularly welcome applications from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBT+ and candidates with a disability as they are all underrepresented in our workforce.
We are happy to talk flexible working where possible.
.The application process for this position will close at 23.59 on 31st May 2021
Register your CV and be found by over 10,00+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV