UK Job Network
What’s it all about?
As a member of the End User Operations organisation, the Sr. Software Asset Management Analyst is part of the team responsible for the lifecycle of user assets needed by our 22,000 + global end users. In addition, this person is in position to execute effective and efficient procurement and asset services, ensuing values and competencies in maintaining transparency, integrity, and compliance. The Sr. Software Asset Management Analyst derives meaningful operational metrics which align to OLA/SLA's across the function and manages continuous improvements with regards to accurate and appropriate inventory across the enterprise.
Reporting to Visa's Director of IT Asset Management, this role’s primary focus is with Software Asset Management (SAM) of workstation or desktop software. The basics of the role include software license procurement, planning, monitoring, recording entitlements and reporting of software license positions to ensure compliance with vendor contracts and the optimisation of those assets throughout their lifecycle.
As a business office function, this role has significant impact on the day-to-day success of the overall transformational journey of Corporate IT. The Sr. Software Asset Management Analyst works with internal customers and peers to ensure data accuracy and lifecycle management of software assets. As needed, they support the delivery of financial and logistical acquisition of End User software. She/He/They works with peers to derive total cost of ownership (TCO) improvements through operational efficiencies as well as vendor management activities. This individual will also provide technological guidance in the development of both internal and external processes and tools for software asset and license management.
Support the IT Asset Management function with respect to cost, control, compliance, and business objectives. Work towards specialisation in software licensing: develop and demonstrate knowledge of software vendor contracts and license terms & conditions, analyse and manage contract and maintenance information, , understand software licensing models and leverage that information to improve software compliance reporting capabilities, review and improve software discovery tools/data collection, support software compliance audits and other software projects.
What we expect of you, day to day.
* Interpret Visa's software license agreements and identify rules, obligations, and product metrics to ensure compliance with all software licenses agreements and software usage. Translate technical data elements to capture license compliance.
* Verify software deployment data by combination of discussions with the line of business owners and
leveraging of software discovery tools, identifying under-deployments for potential cost savings and over-deployments that require the acquisition of additional rights.
* Assist business line staff in monitoring and ensuring software contract compliance and performance between departments and vendors. Work with team leadership, business groups, and accounting staff to analyse and resolve complex issues associated with software licensing rights. Ensure technical staff can deploy software.
* Monitor software maintenance renewal requirements, coordinating with software owners on operational requirements.
* Develop, implement, and refine software asset management policies, processes and procedures.
* Contribute to software process improvements and automation.
* Identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services.
* Develop and maintain a high level of expertise in software licensed products, license programs, and software asset policies
* Monitor, maintain and enforce licensing and asset standards, policies, and procedures
* Manage software intake queue on newly requested software, and work with Cybersecurity, Technology Governance and Legal on approvals assuring that the software will be safe to install
* Respond to requests from end user and educate our colleagues on the software ordering process, and advise on software solutions
* Ensuring timely delivery of goods, works and services using the team’s procurement procedures.
Controls and Reporting
* Generate licensing and asset data reports as required
* Drive efficiencies and cost-savings through software metering and monitoring
* Contribute in software audits with data gathering and license position reporting
* Review vendor invoices and confirm receipt and installation of software
* Ensure full compliance of procurement activities, financial rules and regulations, relevant organisational directives and administrative instructions.
* Ensure all activities are compliant with standard reporting requirements and audits.
* Ensure effective lines of communication between stakeholders, primarily those whom are within the EUO department, but also between Finance, Procurement and other cost centre owners
* Manage relationships with vendors, suppliers and contractors to facilitate smooth flow of services
* Advise stakeholders on license requirements and proper consumption of the assets within the organisation.
* Drive the development of a mature software catalogue through the use of the SAM interface
* Maintain and ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures, control of workflows, continuous business processes monitoring and delivery of improvements as it pertains to software compliance.
* Recommend continuous improvements to team, organization and business partners to drive measurable improved performance
* Participate in various Asset Management projects as needed
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.