Salary: £55000 – £65000/annum
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Minimum Salary: 55000.00
Maximum Salary: 65000.00
Job Location: Greenwich, Greater London
Senior Quantity Surveyor required for an independent construction consultancy who offer flexible working in South East London.
* Experience of Blue Light and public sector projects is preffered
* 5+ years PQE
* Capable of running projects and managing junior QS'
An independent, modern construction consultancy based in Southeast London are recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor to help deliver a number of interesting schemes. They offer their clients Project Management, Quantity Surveying, Architecture, Building Surveying, Health & Safety, Engineering and more and due to this wide offering they have a very healthy pipeline of projects across Greater London and the southeast.
This consultancy puts a huge emphasis on its employee’s wellbeing, professional and personal development. They actively encourage CPD and put on workshops throughout the week for employees at all levels. They have very clear career plans and regular 1-1’s to ensure that your workload isn’t too heavy and that you are put under too much stress. They have particular strength with Blue Light projects, public housing and large regeneration schemes for major contractors and developers and a Senior Quantity Surveyor with this experience would be beneficial but not essential.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will join a successful team and have a clear line of progression to Associate and more. If you are working at a company where you feel your career has stagnated or you don’t get the flexibility that you want, then this could be the perfect place for you.
Senior Quantity Surveyor Job Responsibilities
* Prepare budget estimates, cost planning and tendering procedures and contract arrangements.
* Formulation of briefs, fee proposals, presentation of schemes, and/or services, project programming and other matters affecting delivery of service.
* Prepare tendering documents; examining tenders received and reporting thereon or negotiating tenders and pricing.
* Prepare recommendations for interim payments, prepare regular assessments of anticipated final cost and reporting thereon; measure work and adjusting variation in accordance with the terms of the contract and prepare final account, pricing same and agreeing totals with the Contractor.
* Attendance at various project/technical meetings and the taking, preparation and distribution of Minutes.
* Experience of D&B contracts
* Prepare of Microsoft Project Programmes.
* Day to day management and execution of project work.
* Minimum 5 years post-qualification experience.
* Associate membership of RICS and/or depth and breadth of knowledge and competence commensurate with this position