UK Job Network
Senior Quantity Surveyor – High End Residential
£DOE + Package
A well respected and prestigious residential builder who provide high quality building services are searching for Senior Quantity Surveyor to based from their Basingstoke offices looking after high end residential projects up to £15M lasting from 1-3 years in duration.
The companys reputation for expert craftsmanship means they have built a reputation for high class refurbishments and renovations of country homes, as well as period town houses and listed properties.
The company also constructs bespoke new houses for private clients, both contemporary and traditional in style.
To be responsible for managing all commercial aspects of a project. Working in coordination with the site team to maintain high standards of quality and profit.
· Manage handover from estimator of financial information
· Agree package composition with CM
· Set buying targets for each package
· Agree which packages are to be re-bid
· Send out tender documentation
· Conduct commercial negotiations with packages not to be re-bid
· Attend post tender interviews & lead financial sections
· Attend pre-order meeting & manage financial section
· Produce initial CVR / buying report for each package
· Prepare order documentation for each package
· Carry out financial checks on sub-contractors (in conjunction with Accounts Director)
· Agree detailed T&Cs back to back with main contract highlight deviations to the CM
· Agree preliminaries set-up / spend with the CM
· Prepare & maintain Cash Flow forecast
· Prepare maintain & present CVR
· Prepare for the CM the financial section of the progress report
· Report to the CM in the cash position of the job
· Maintain control / monitor materials & sundries purchased from site
· Negotiate rates, terms & place orders for major materials packages
· Sign off invoices for all site purchased materials
· Prepare & publish payment schedule
· Prepare & agree monthly valuations with PQS
· Prepare & agree monthly valuations with Subs
· Sign off invoices for payment
· Ensure subcontract applications are dealt with in the required timescale (avoid payment notices)
· Maintain VO schedule
· Ensure prompt agreement of all VOs upstream and downstream
· Highlight program risk of VOs to CM
· Check & Monitor insurance & renewal
· Ensure timely procurement of all warranties
· HNC in Construction or relevant Degree level qualification
· Detailed knowledge private residential building contracting.
· Awareness of property taxation matters and contractual law
· Have a good technical understanding of traditional and modern building methods and products associated with the refurbishment and new build projects of both traditional and contemporary design in the prime and residential sector
If you are considering a move and would like to discuss this role then call Chris Grimes at Interaction Construction (phone number removed) /(phone number removed) or email: (url removed)
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.