Salary: £43000 – £54300/annum
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Minimum Salary: 43000.00
Maximum Salary: 54300.00
Job Location: Gaydon
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
The Body Integration Team is an attribute group within the Vehicle NVH Department. It has the responsibility for delivering the vehicle free from any annoying noise with correct functional sound quality (FSQ) and solidity across all Jaguar Land Rover vehicles.
We cover all aspects of operational sound quality from component through system and to vehicle level. The team are involved from the early concept development phases through to when the vehicle is handed over to manufacturing. We use a range of measurement and development techniques including virtual design reviews with CAE support and physical testing at vehicle level in quiet chambers.
The VNVH Customer Operated Features Engineer will lead the virtual and physical development of the attribute. You'll be part of the FSQ team working across all Jaguar Land Rover programmes to deliver the attribute to the required level for the customer. You will also be working to develop new techniques and improve the process for delivery. This includes developing effective relationships with the design engineering teams and our suppliers to ensure that our capabilities remain cutting edge.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
* Lead the delivery of the FSQ attribute for all Jaguar Land Rover programmes to the quality and timing required with necessary support
* Lead the development of the FSQ attribute to maintain PALS position with necessary support
* Reporting developments in both internal and external forums as appropriate, building more effective relationships with stakeholders
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Working with a team of engineers to carryout virtual and physical design reviews across all Jaguar Land Rover programmes driving solutions and should design into the bill of design
* Coordinating the Virtual Series reporting of the FSQ Team, working closely with the wider CoC and NVH Team and related attributes to identify the appropriate reporting level and forum for each vehicle programme
* Working with the team in demonstrating effective approaches of data presentation and analysis, identifying improvements to our processes
* Writing and maintaining virtual and physical Test Procedures, Design Rules and Requirements.
* Working on vehicle development programmes where you'll be supporting the FSQ attribute and the presentation of the FSQ status from early theme development, through the Virtual Series and supporting issue resolution in the prototype and production vehicle phases
* Engineers, Product Leaders and SMEs from NVH
* Engineers, Product Leaders and SMEs from CoCs and suppliers
* Engineers and SMEs from the Virtual Engineering Groups
* Engineers and SMEs from internal and external test areas
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* A real interest and understanding of vehicle NVH and measurement techniques
* An appreciation of the importance of FSQ in the overall refinement of a passenger vehicle
* Experience and understanding of reviewing design geometry in CAD
* A degree in Mechanical Engineering /Electrical or related subject to either undergraduate or postgraduate level
* Good knowledge of using office software tools such as Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
* Full UK driving license and confident in driving a wide variety of vehicles including LH & RH drive auto and manual. Able to pass JLR class 3 – Advanced Road driving course
* Able to work at all Jaguar Land Rover sites in UK and happy to travel to overseas sites as required
* Ability to support product owners to develop features and systems which need to comply with NVH and Sound quality requirements
* Direct previous experience as part of a placement, of working in FSQ measurement and analysis techniques within NVH
* Prior knowledge of using LMS Test Lab, HEAD Acoustics Artemis and similar systems
* Familiarity with problem solving tools such as Yellow Belt Six Sigma
* A keenness to investigate problems and a desire to develop innovative solutions
* The ability to handle and present often complex data clearly and make recommendations to diverse audiences, from members of the team inside the department, to engineers in other departments and to senior management with the necessary support
* An ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment
* Good hearing capability
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.