UK Job Network
Job type: Contract, Full time
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
£80-£85 per day
Recruiter: Vision for Education
Job Title: School Administrator
Are you a current School Administrator with SIMS experience/training who likes the idea of working in a special school in East Leeds? If so, this could be the ideal role for you. This role is due to start as soon as the successful candidate is available and will be a long term and permanant role.
As a School Administrator, your main duties will be:
• Answering the phone, taking messages and transferring calls.
• Update both the SIMS digital and paper records for existing students.
• Processing student admission forms amongst other forms relating to this.
• Act as first point of contact for parents/carers and other visitors to the eschool.
• Log student attendance and update registers daily on SIMS and administer school meal system.
• Complete the annual update of SIMS student records. (Printing, distributing, monitoring returns & amending data recorded on computerized system as necessary).
• To use IT databases effectively to deliver administrative tasks.
• To be participative in the wider School Administration Team – carrying out duties and tasks, as required, especially at times of busy periods or to cover absence as directed by the Business Manager.
• Develop good working relationships with outside agencies and stakeholders –pupils, parents/carers, teachers and professionals.
• Comply with the policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
• To undertake any other duties that are commensurate with the post.
Special school in East Leeds for young people woth Social, Emotional and Mental health issues aged between 4-16.
Available full time Monday-Thursday 08:00 – 16:00 and Friday 15:00.
Have a DBS on the update service or be willing to get one.
Must be SIMS Trained.
Benefits of the role:
Excellent hourly rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme of up to £125 bonus per referral.
Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
How to apply:
If you are an ambitious and motivated School Administrator, then we want to hear from you.
You can apply for this role by submitting your CV, or if you like you can call our SEND Team and ask for Liam for more information on (phone number removed).
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.