UK Job Network
Are you looking for a rewarding career in Children Services?
We have a number of exciting positions available for Residential Childcare Workers in the Liverpool area as we build a brand new staff team to open 2 new homes. You will work as part of a team providing quality residential childcare services for vulnerable children within a safe and secure environment. You will be working an average of 37.5 hours per week, on a 1 on/2 off rota and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £19500 – £21000 pa + £5400 Sleep in allowance pa.
Residential Childcare Workers are committed to providing the highest possible standards of support to vulnerable children and young people, working in an effective and cooperative manner in a united
environment. You will be assisting with daily routine, as well as encouraging engagement in education and participation in daily activities. You will be strong, outgoing and genuine, with a desire to improve the lives of young people. You will be skilled in developing positive relationships while maintaining professional boundaries and remaining accepting and respectful.
In return we offer:
• 1 on 2 off shift pattern
• £26400 per annum
• 210 – 285 Hours Annual Leave Per Year
• Learning & Development Opportunities including enrolment onto Level 5 Leadership and Management Qualification
• Automatic enrolment onto our Level 2 Qualification in Therapeutic Childcare
• Company Pension Scheme
• Company Employee Assistance Programme
Responsibilities as our Residential Childcare Worker:
– Assist young people to deal positively with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
– Develop the young people’s self-esteem and possess the ability to positively influence their life in a residential setting.
– Ensure that all young people are encouraged to reach towards their full potential and to be sensitive and caring towards their needs.
– Ensure that the wishes and feelings of the children are taken into account in matters and decisions relating to their daily care, appropriate to age and understanding.
– Respect and promote the needs of each child arising from their racial, cultural, or religious background.
– Be alert to the signs of distress or abuse, and in liaison with other professionals ensure that the young people are monitored and protected.
– Safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
– Participate in the planning, preparation and delivery of activities for young people in the home and wider community.
– Take charge of services under your remit in the sustained absence of a Registered Manager and take responsibility of its day-to-day activities.
– Ensure that any known concerns about safeguarding young people within the home are reported to the Registered Manager or Deputy Manager immediately and take shared responsibility for seeking solutions.
– Maintain communications with staff over all aspects of children and young people’s care, progress and behaviour and maintain appropriate records.
– Communicate effectively with other staff, and actively participate in all staff meetings.
What we’re looking for in our Residential Childcare Worker:
– NVQ Level 3 or above in Children and Young People.
– Demonstrable experience working within residential childcare.
– Driving Licence, business insurance and own vehicle.
– Experience of Ofsted and the inspection process.
– Relevant experience / good understanding of the National Minimum Standards for Children’s Homes.
– Knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding procedures and legislation within a residential children’s home.
– Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation (i.e. Care Standards Act 2000 and National Minimum Standards).
– Working knowledge of barriers children and young people face and how to support them to overcome such barriers in a residential setting.
– Knowledge of child development and to provide the correct level of support to each individual child based on their needs.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to consistently record relevant support for young people.
– Excellent knowledge, understanding and application of Microsoft Office including, Access, Excel and Word.
– Portable DBS would be desirable.
This post is subject to enhanced DBS criminal record disclosure
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.