UK Job Network
Location: Mynyddcerrig, Llanelli
Salary: £27,887.52 per annum based on 39 hours on shift, and an average of 3 sleep ins per week.
It takes a special type of person to dedicate their career to supporting others. Your patience, empathy and caring nature make you the ideal person to support the young people who reside at our home in Mynyddcerrig.
Much of your role will be spent supporting vulnerable young people who have either experienced childhood trauma, are struggling with their mental health, or a combination of both. You’ll support them as they work through these experiences, with the goal to move back home, into foster care or towards independence. On good days, you’ll take them on day trips, help them prepare meals and make sure they’re getting out and about enjoying some of Wales beautiful countryside.
Sometimes, if the person you’re supporting is having a hard day, you’ll need to support and keep them safe whilst they calm down. it’s ok though, you’ll be given all the training you need. There will be hard days, but the good days make it all worthwhile.
A day in the life of a Residential Childcare Worker with Priority Childcare Involves:
* Providing the highest quality care to the children and young people we support;
* Ensuring the physical and emotional needs of children and young people are met through the development and maintenance of a supportive and caring environment;
* Promoting individuals’ independence by supporting with a range of educational, social and work-based activities;
* Working with families and partner organisations to ensure support is personalised to meet individual needs;
* Maintaining accurate record keeping of all activities, progress, and incidents should they arise;
* Undertaking general housekeeping duties, including meal preparation;
To be a successful Residential Childcare Worker with Priority Childcare, you’ll need:
* A can-do attitude, resilient and reliable nature;
* Previous care experience preferred but not essential.
* To hold a current valid driver’s license;
* Compassion and empathy;
* Excellent communication;
* Enthusiasm to promote independence & choice;
* The ability to work flexibly.
In return for your Skills and Expertise, you’ll receive:
* An annual salary of £27,887.52 per annum depending on experience based on 39 hours on shift, and an average of 3 sleep ins per week.
* Paid comprehensive induction programme, DBS and Social Care Wales registration;
* 218.5 hours annual leave allowance inclusive of bank holidays;
* Paid training for your QCF Level 3 in Health and Social Care qualifications;
* Company pension scheme;
* Career progression opportunities;
* Eligibility for a “Blue Light Card” for additional discounts.
About Priority Childcare:
Priority Childcare specialises in working with young people accommodated by the local authority whose complex needs and challenging behaviour require a supporting residential environment to achieve positive outcomes.
Young people can feel safe and secure assisted by experienced staff and in an environment that helps them come to terms with their emotional psychological and physical needs.
Click apply and submit your CV today
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.