UK Job Network
PIC Children’s Services Ltd are currently looking to recruit a number of Residential Care Workers to work in our children’s home, located in the St Helens area (day to day responsibilities are below)
You don't need to be qualified or experienced, as full training will be given and you will have our full support to study towards the qualifications on-the-job. We are looking for a caring, enthusiastic and motivated person who would like to support vulnerable young people to achieve their full potential.
This is the perfect opportunity to pursue a career in residential childcare.
All applicants must be over 21.
About the job
I’m a teenager living in a children’s home, I’m the only child who lives there and I have a team of care workers who take care of me. Day to day, this is what my care workers do:
· Help me get up in the morning and get me to school for the day, teach me how important education is. Help me with my homework.
· Help me get washed, dressed and teach me how to look after myself.
· Take me to my doctor’s appointments and teach me how to keep healthy.
· Help me work on my behaviour, help me stick to the ground rules and celebrate my achievements with me.
· Help me build up my relationships with my family, help me make good friendships with other teenagers.
· Listen to me and if I tell you I’m not happy or worried about something, do something to make it better.
· Help me learn about lots of things to help me in all areas of my life, have regular chats and little lessons with me.
· Take me out on lots of activities, take me away on holiday, help me have a wide range of experiences, and build up my hobbies.
· Keep me safe from harm, protect me from danger, help me stick to the rules so that I stay safe. Teach me how to keep myself safe.
· Teach me things to help me build up the skills I will need to live a happy life when I move out when I am older.
· Keep my home clean, tidy, safe and a warm cosy place to be.
· Keep a diary of what happens each day, and write a report if something more serious happens.
· Follow the plans that the manager writes to help me hit my goals, and think of new ways to help me hit my goals if the plans aren’t working.
About the Working Hours
There are a number of full time and part time positions available, including;
· 24 hour sleep in shifts (Full time is 10 shifts per month)
· 12 hour day shifts (10am-10pm, full time is 13 days per month)
· 12 hour waking night shifts (10pm-10am, full time is 13 nights per month)
Career development is promoted and there are good opportunities for progression within our organisation. You can climb the ladder to a senior position, deputy manager and then a home manager.
Successful applicants will be required to pass successful safer recruitment interview and complete an enhanced DBS check.
Contact us for an informal chat on (phone number removed), we can tell you more about what the job is like and get an application form sent out to you. Or visit our website to download the application form.
Salary: approx. £22,550 per year (Full time) plus Overtime and Mileage allowance for car users with business use
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.