UK Job Network
How to describe MERJE.
We’re brilliant. Experts in our industry. The go-to recruitment partner for hundreds of businesses throughout the UK. Passionate about being a brilliant company and achieving our ambitious strategic goals.
We’re also a bit loopy. Not a day goes by when there isn’t a heartfelt rendition of the Little Mix back catalogue, an inside joke about a certain consultant’s unexpected trip in Barcelona or someone breaking the unspoken rules of the “directors’ toilet”.
Taking up this role would mean joining the largest, busiest and craziest of our three offices – Manchester. Home of the iconic Manchester Bee symbol, legendary musical talents such as Oasis and The Smiths, and non-other than comedic genius, die-hard United fan, contender for chattiest man in MERJE, Michael Jackson.
You will have the ultimate pleasure of working closely with Mike in your day-to-day role, so we can guarantee that you’ll learn everything you need to know about recruiting in the Insurance & Claims industry, as well as everything you don’t need to know about the life and times of MERJE’s own MJ.
What do you need to know about working with Michael Jackson?
* He has over 10 years’ experience recruiting in the Insurance and Claims world, before which, he worked directly in Insurance for 5 years, so he is a true expert in his field.
* He is excellent at building genuine relationships with candidates, clients and colleagues alike – a great person to learn from.
* He has only been with MERJE for around 7 months, but is already building a team, smashing targets, winning new business and earning fantastic rewards. What a great role model to have!
* He is super busy, so there is plenty to get stuck in to. You won’t be twiddling your thumbs here.
* And before you ask, yes, that is his real name and yes, his mother is called Janet.
The role of a Resourcer offers the perfect chance to start building a high-flying recruitment career. You will create an extensive network of trusted relationships with candidates as well as developing the foundations of expertise in your specialist industry.
In this case, you’ll be speaking to the likes of Claims Handlers, Insurance Brokers and Paralegals, getting to know them and matching them with their dream jobs in Broking, Underwriting, General Insurance, Accident Management, Loss Adjusting and Personal Lines.
* Search for candidates using all the best recruitment tools
* Chat with candidates, get to know them, what makes them tick, what are their ambitions, do they have any hidden talents?
* Develop excellent knowledge of your specialist market
* Really help candidates with their job search, offering advice and guidance in relation to CV writing, interviewing and forging a successful career path in their chosen industry
* Assisting with all stages of the recruitment process: taking briefs, advertising, actively searching for candidates, CV submissions, interview feedback, offer management, etc.
* Making sure all your team’s data is spick and span on our internal database
You don’t have to worry about KPIs, arbitrary targets and micromanagement here. We give you the freedom to do your job in your own way, backed by as much guidance as you need, with the aim of developing great industry expertise, fostering meaningful, long-term relationships with clients and candidates and making lasting and effective placements which, ultimately, make you money.
With MERJE’s brilliant training methods and courses, as well as the supportive environment and a team of 40+ recruitment experts to learn from, you’ll be well on your way to being a recruitment superstar in no time!
Where do we begin?!
* A great base salary
* Market-leading, achievable commission structure
* Plenty of additional bonuses and financial rewards to be earned
* 25+ days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays AND your birthday and Christmas off
* Fully supportive of flexible and remote working to suit your situation
* Legendary season socials, regular team outings and unforgettable trips, both in and outside of the UK
* Continuous recognition for great work, including spontaneous prizes from our Wheel of Fortune
* Perkbox – free access to 100s of discounts and freebies from the UK’s biggest brands
* A vibrant, modern office environment
* Completely flexible career paths and in-depth, structured training
* The usual – pension contributions, life assurance, healthcare insurance options…
What are we looking for?
We are all about supporting each other to achieve our goals, so to succeed in MERJE you need to be a team player with a positive attitude to work and a willingness to assist your co-workers. This is far from the cut-throat environment that is synonymous with typical recruitment companies.
Our Resourcers need to be:
* Sociable and a strong communicator; confident in conversing with all levels of candidate, from graduates to directors, and forming strong, trusting relationships
* Computer literate, good abilities with Microsoft Office and confidence in ability to pick up in house systems and softwares (e.g. Profile Recruitment system)
* A great listener. When candidates aren’t telling you their life stories you’ll be taking the full brunt of Michael Jackson’s joke telling abilities (they’re great, we promise…)
* Prior experience in recruitment would be great, but is not essential!
So, if this all sounds too good to be true, send in your CV and we’ll give you a call and prove it!
Find out more about working at MERJE on our Instagram (@team_merje) and LinkedIn (MERJE Ltd)
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.