UK Job Network
Our client is a growing and successful scaffolding contractor with a very well-established business unit in the Midlands. They are expanding and looking to identify and appoint a capable Quantity Surveyor to their team.
The Quantity Surveyor will ensure robust, accurate and innovative practical and commercial advice is delivered to clients to align with their needs and business objectives. This concept has underpinned the success of the Company to date and is held as a standard for the business’s ongoing work.
The role of the Quantity Surveyor is key to the Company’s future development and success in delivering a continuous flow of outstanding Scaffolding projects for its clients.
* Preparing monthly interim applications for payment on current projects.
* Dealing with Payment Notices and Pay Less Notices
* Regular visits to the site to liaise, as appropriate, with the Company’s operatives and the client’s commercial team.
* Identification, pricing and agreement of Changes and Variations
* Preparing monthly Cost/ Value Reconciliations and reporting these
* Preparing and agreeing of final accounts
* Ensuring that the clients have visibility and clarity on what can be delivered on-site and within their budget and constraints.
* Presenting accurate, detailed information on the cost of individual elements of work on a regular basis to enable payment for those works carried out to date.
* Organising the division of a project into its component work packages, then awarding these work packages to sub-subcontractors and, in that process, finding out who offers the best deal.
* Reviewing Sub-Contract Orders and contract terms prior to commencement and ensuring compliance with tender bid and that the operations team are aware of the client-specific procedures and pitfalls.
* Attending Pre-Contract, Pre-Start, and other necessary meetings with the client
* Dealing with contractual and legal matters.
* Managing costs to make sure that the initial budget is not exceeded.
* Arranging sub-sub-contractor payments and, at the end of a job, settling the final accounts.
* Providing financial advice and monitor progress for the client.
* Liaising with and supporting the Estimating Department.
As the Quantity Surveyor for the business, you are expected to demonstrate broad commercial and contractual skills whilst understanding the commercial drivers, risk profiles and key success factors for Clients and their requirements.
Your role will ensure robust, accurate and innovative advice is delivered to clients to align with their needs and business objectives.
* Keep payment regime document accurate and up to date.
* Undertake cost analysis.
* Maintain the Variation Register
* Submission of Applications for Payment
* Maintain Cost/Value Reconciliations and report to the MD.
* Attend Commercial Reporting meetings
* Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
* Prepare Quarterly Cost/Value Reconciliations
Register your CV and be found by over 10,00+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV