UK Job Network
Quality Manager – Complex Manufacturing
Salary circa £55,000 + benefits
Can you change a culture from Inspection to Quality Assurance?
This is the challenge with this role.
My client is a well-established manufacturing business in Liverpool and has successfully supplied products around the globe. As part of their drive for improvement, they are now looking to recruit a Quality Manager to change the Quality culture in the business and to move away from an Inspection based approach and to move towards a quality assurance-based approach.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for running the Plant Quality Team in the manufacturing site which has a wide variety of processes from sheet metal, fabrication, precision machining and assembly work.
You will need to set up relevant KPI’s and metrics that will allow the business to focus on the activities that drive QA rather than QC
Focus on changing people’s attitudes towards establishing strong process rather than simply adding more inspection into the process
• The successful Quality Manager needs to be able to demonstrate that you have improved a quality culture in a business previously
• They must be able to cope with complex manufacturing as there are a large number of processes that happen at the manufacturing site
• Strong communication/stakeholder management skills
• A proactive approach to quality with the focus on prevention rather than reacting to problems
• Good coaching and mentoring skills to get all stakeholders engaged
This is a market-leading supplier of complex consumer products and have a fully global customer base. They have had a lot of success in winning new business and are growing the business and investing in new capital equipment
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.