UK Job Network
Project Manager required for an engineering manufacturing company near Littlehampton, West Sussex.
This role is a senior position within the PMO team. All standard requirements of a Project Manager are retained, but the role also includes:
* involvement in the strategic direction and continuous improvement of the PMO team
* resource planning and the ability to manage direct reports or mentor and set the example to others within the team
* closer involvement with sales strategies, capture planning and maximising future opportunities from a PMO perspective, with the associated interaction with important Customer during the bid stages accordingly
Candidates need to have experience in managing multiple projects concurrently ranging from £10k repeat orders to a £1m+ development projects (and must be familiar with gated new product development processes).
Candidates needs to have experience of delivering project management excellence, of a technical product in a technical environment, from concept phase through to prototyping and trials, and into production.
And experience working within, and delivering products or services to, the Defence & Security Sectors – will also consider Automotive or Aerospace sectors.
Other required experience / knowledge includes:
* Commercial awareness, and experience dealing with Customers and understanding Customer needs
* Use of Microsoft Project to control, define and monitor progress against schedules.
* Use of project management software tools such as: SAP, ERP systems.
Preferably a practical understanding of JIRA tools.
* Competent in Project Management techniques such as Critical Path, Agile and Pert Analysis
* Understanding of project life-cycle management.
* Experience of risk and opportunity management.
* Contract management experience; preferably Government / MoD contracts and their associated project delivery gateway methodologies.
* Experience of project financial management and KPI reporting.
* Experience dealing with and presenting to senior stakeholders
* Professional project / programme management qualifications such as APMP, PRINCE 2 or UK MoD – Acquisition Employment Trained would be an advantage
Salary depends upon experience and qualifications (desired qualifications include degree or equivalent in an engineering subject plus relevant project manufacturing experience)
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.