UK Job Network
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Project Manager to manage our operations at the BAE (Portsmouth Naval Base) on a full time basis. RVT Group provide them with specialist support in their health and safety processes around the areas of temporary LEV (Local Exhaust Ventilation) on the ships and various other activities. You will be required to ensure all operational activities are carried out in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner; support the management of 3rd party suppliers; manage/oversee LEV and other engineering installations on ships and across the Base and to carry our management/administrative tasks as set by Management. The site based 'liaison' will be between RVT Operations team, their preferred provider and BAE (from an Operational perspective). Training will be given.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
• Site liaison with 3rd parties, RVT Ops & Sales Teams.
• Carry out site surveys on all types of ships (written).
• Attend pre-install project meetings.
• Supervise installs (labour management) with agreed budgets.
• Assist on installation work.
• Attend breakdowns.
• Security Pass management and booking CTP's
• Stock Management (Syrinx)
• Raising delivery/collection notes.
• Maintain best practice health and safety across operations.
• Writing/reviewing RAMS.
• Write up/manage LEV reports.
• Managing electronic time sheets.
• Assist in the quote process – labour and transport costings.
• Generating reports for management as required.
Project Manager Requirements:
• Min 5 years commercial experience (preferably in a construction/industry environment).
• Min 2 years project management /team leader experience essential.
• Health and Safety – Qualified to Level 3 or above. (Nebosh/IOSH)
• LEV experience preferable (P600/P601).
• Knowledge of temporary ventilation systems beneficial.
• PAT testing preferable.
• First Aid preferable.
• Good IT skills and communication skills (verbal & written)
• Good interpersonal skills
• Clear DBS check essential.
• Full Driving Licence.
About RVT Group Ltd:
RVT Group area specialist hire company, supporting site, health and safety and environmental managers to control health and environmental hazards on site during the construction process.
We work predominantly within the construction sector, but we also operate within several vertical sectors including, civil, rail, healthcare, utilities, industry and more. We work with our customers to understand the full scope of activities on site before recommending a fully compliant hazard control solution. We want our customers to benefit from solutions that are not only cost-effective, but that effectively protect the health of workers and the environment on site. RVT Group are an ethical company that genuinely care for people’s lives and the environment, and it is our vision to achieve a world where the impact of site work on life and health is effectively zero.
Our main office is based in Dartford Kent.
Location: Portsmouth, Hants
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, 07:30 – 16:30
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 per annum
Benefits: 20 days plus Bank Holidays per annum increasing with service; Pension Scheme- Auto-Enrolment; Healthcare, (Available after completion of Probationary Period), development support.
You may have experience of the following: Operations Manager, Project Manager, Project Management, Engineering Manager, Engineering, Ops Manager, General Manager, Operations Management, Production Manager, etc.
Ref: (Apply online only)
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.