UK Job Network
Amey Consulting Scotland have design hubs in both Glasgow and Edinburgh, providing a unique opportunity to be involved in a range of schemes from inception through to construction. We deliver projects throughout Scotland and further afield from bridge inspections to the design, construction and maintenance of nationally significant road schemes. Some projects current to our Scotland teams are the development of the A96 Dualling East of Huntly to Aberdeen, Design of the A90/A938 Laurencekirk Junction, the Scottish Trunk Roads Network Management Contract (STRNMC) and a wide range of roads and bridges design schemes on behalf of local authorities throughout Scotland.
Our multidisciplinary teams encompass all aspects of investigation, design and construction of roads, bridges and civil structures, geotechnical engineering, ITS and lighting, rail, environmental consultancy, utilities, BIM and transport planning schemes. We pride ourselves in working collaboratively within the team, stakeholders and our clients to deliver innovative and practical engineering design solutions.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Principal Civil Engineer. The successful candidate will undertake and oversee production of Civil design, leading a dedicated Civil design engineering team. In addition, they will manage the Civil and Structural elements of a complete project.
Being an experienced Principal Civil Engineer at Amey Consulting, you’ll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it’s further training to broaden your skills, working more closely with your clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you.
In a typical week you will:
* Develop effective concept design solutions that are consistent with the project brief.
* Undertake a wide range of design work on all aspects of the functions design and maintenance.
* Implement effective, value for money and innovative design solutions to meet technical and project requirements.
* Progress projects through preliminary and detailed design with emphasis on client requirements and innovation.
* Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly the CDM regulations.
* Supervise, mentor and develop team members from graduate engineers and technicians through to senior engineers.
* Assist with contract preparation together with project planning and programming.
* Project administration reporting to the Project Manager including monitoring programme delivery, resources and budgets inspection work, feasibility studies, cost estimating for works and fees.
* Support the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other contracts.
* Inspection work, feasibility studies, cost estimating for works and fees.
* Effective management and response of project related correspondence.
* Undertake site supervision duties of contractors as and when required.
* Checks to ensure compliance with the integrated management system and assist in development.
* Prepare and check off feasibility studies, appraisal / assessment reports and other written documents.
* Development of engineering solutions and presentation of engineering options.
* Complete performance appraisals with direct reports and provide learning and development opportunities where possible.
We want to hear from you if:
* Chartered Engineer MICE, MIHE, MCIHT, MIStructE
* Extensive experience of delivering competent designs of minor and major junction layouts including traffic signals and roundabouts for both the trunk and local road networks
* Experienced Principal Designer with working knowledge of current CDM and H&S requirements
* Knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation and CDM Regulations
* Computer literate and conversant with relevant engineering software packages
* Experience in technical delivery as well as leading and managing roads, structures, geotechnical or traffic and transportation schemes.
* Considerable experience in leading and managing teams
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including.
* Competitive salary
* Exceptional development and progression plan
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
* Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and other flexible benefits.
Why join Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves
Register your CV and be found by over 10,00+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV