UK Job Network
Planning Technical Engineer (Aviation) – Permanent – Hampshire – £40000-£45,000
Shorterm Group is currently working with a leading Aerospace client who are seeking an experienced Planning Technical Engineer who will be responsible for continued development, implementation, and maintenance of the facility's schedule, including planning and customer proposals. Ensuring policies and procedures, technical standards and methods, and priorities are achieved with oversight by management. This role reports to the Production Planning Manager.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
*Provide planning/scheduling functions, staffing forecasts and hanger plans
*Coordinate department activities for the proper integration of their functions with data processing, planning, and production control activities
*Oversee production planning department and process used to provide work packages and work flows for each aircraft
*Provide guidance and monitoring of progress on major systems projects
*Oversee, develop and/or coordinate readiness plans for new customers
*Schedule aircraft operators for maintenance, modifications, and service bulletin/letter compliance (Includes airframe, avionics, engines, interior and paint).
*Coordinate outside services with vendors to ensure downtime quoted will allow all requested work to be accomplished
*Keep current knowledge of the quality inspection requirements that could affect a work scope maintenance event.
*Work with Sales and Operations team to not overload or underutilise resources or hangar capacity
*Maintain and communicate data for the company's network
Manage Pre-Input process and organise Pre-Inputs meetings accordingly with the relevant stakeholder
* Run the Daily Status Meeting in conjunction with the Customer Support Manager and Aircraft Manager
* Create Project Plans for maintenance inputs which identify key sequences, milestones and critical path tasks.
* Ensure that project timelines are updated to accurately reflect on-check progress and skill type forecasts for each input.
* Ensure all Maintenance Data/Spares/Tooling requirements are identified and pre-loaded / ordered.
* Effective sequencing of Job-Cards daily to meet delivery targets
* Ensure accurate manhour targets are updated in the templates and work packs to reflect changes in performance/working practices.
* Ensure all complex tasks have appropriately staged Job-Cards.
* Continually review systems and procedures to improve aircraft downtimes
* Liaise with 3rd party contract companies including but not limited to Part 21 and working groups in conjunction with aircraft input.
* Liaise with OEMs as appropriate to agree technical solutions
* Be a focal point for Technical Support for allocated aircraft in work inc Repairs, Mods, queries, tooling and specialist information.
* Assist with technical aspects of quotations as required and directed.
* Occasional out of normal work hours support may be required.
*Understanding of Aircraft Maintenance in a planned environment
*Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally and write clear instructions for all to follow
*Experience in Planning / Pre-engineering
*Good working knowledge of base maintenance operatiions.
*Read & write in Fluent Technical English
*Bachelor's degree in Business or Aviation Management or equivalent experience
*Computer skills necessary to learn and/or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, email, and web-based applications
*Knowledge of CAA and EASA Aviation Requirements including knowledge of Part-145 regulation, company policies and standards
*Working knowledge of process improvement methodology and application (e.g., Six Sigma)
*knowledge and are able to demonstrate an understanding safety risks related to the safety environment and promote the Company's safety policy
*Experience of airline operations and flight schedule issues
*Experience of planning and scheduling systems
*Experience of aircraft maintenance programs
*Experience of logistic processes, resource management and production planning
For more information and to register your interest please apply with a copy of your up to date CV
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.