UK Job Network
Part Time Support Worker – Experience not essential, full training provided
Flexible working available including the option to work from home to complete phone based and administrative aspects of the role, and you can choose working hours to suit your availability, with a range of part time hours available.
Are you considering a career in support work and would love to make a difference to the lives of people coming out of hospital? Perhaps you’re looking for the next step in your career? At Age Connects North Wales Central, we have multiple exciting opportunities available for Support Workers to join our growing team, supporting adults across Denbighshire and Conwy counties. We are not a care agency, and therefore no personal care is provided.
Part of Age Connects Wales, Age Connects North Wales Central is an empowering charity that has been providing various community and residential services to people in North Wales for almost 25 years. We pride ourselves on the way we work with empathy and professionalism and have an established track record of managing projects and services effectively and efficiently, focusing on achieving positive outcomes for the people who utilise our services.
We challenge stereotypes, make sure older people have a voice and are heard, engage and encourage older people to share, connect, learn and develop and ultimately fulfil their potential – whatever their age or health condition.
Our team mean a lot to us, too. You’ll be joining at an exciting time of rapid expansion and play a key role in driving the organisation forward in our latest project, Winter Pressures. You’ll be encouraged to develop your career as part of our growing organisation, and we truly care about our team, clients, and the wider community.
The Role – Support Worker
Our Support Workers focused on the Winter Pressures project will provide practical and emotional support to older people following their stay at Ysbyty Glan Clwyd, creating 6-week support plans to enable them to remain living in their own home for as long as possible. You’ll receive in-depth training that will enable you to:
* Provide carer support when visiting clients at home (e.g., preparing a drink, food, checking provisions)
* Provide information and advice on welfare calls, signposting clients to relevant services
* Provide companionship
* Liaise with relevant service providers including housing, care and repair, social services etc.
* Maintain client records on our database
* Ensure the rights, dignity, welfare, privacy, and confidentiality of clients
The list is not exhaustive, and requirements are tailored to each individual client.
Our Requirements – Support Worker
Although welcome, no previous experience is required for this role as full training will be provided, although you will be required to have:
* A full UK driving licence and access to your own transport to travel around your designated area as required
* Empathy, with values that align with our own and genuine care about the wellbeing of others
* Desire to make a difference to the lives of those who live in our communities
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build genuine professional relationships with clients
Due to the nature of the work undertaken by the charity, please note that successful applicants will be subject to a satisfactory DBS Check.
* Working up to 21 hours per week within Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am to 5pm, with flexible working hours to suit your current commitments and potential for more hours
* Hybrid / flexible working options, with opportunity to work from home or work from our offices in Denbigh as required
* Pay rate of £9.50 per hour including travel time
* 28 days annual leave pro rata, inclusive of bank holidays
* Temporary contract until end of March 2022, with possibility of some contracts being extended
* Endless career development opportunities
All applications for this Support Worker vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.