UK Job Network
ABOUT THE ROLE
St Helens Chamber has a vacancy for an experienced Assessor/Skills Coach to deliver Apprenticeships and classroom based training courses in Residential Childcare.
We work with a range of public and private sector clients to develop both new and existing staff through the apprenticeship programme.
You will be responsible for delivering apprenticeship programmes by providing exceptional standards of training, assessment and coaching, ensuring learners are equipped with the knowledge skills and behaviours to succeed in the next stage of their career.
* Manage a caseload of learners, adhering to internal delivery standards policies and procedures, including following learner journeys to ensure timely success rates of apprenticeship programmes.
* Develop and deliver engaging creative curriculum and learning solutions, developing and stretching learners’ knowledge, skills and behaviours beyond the apprenticeship standard.
* Complete robust initial assessments/all about me to identify the learners’ starting point, including understanding their strengths and development needs, using this information to stretch and develop apprentices to reach their full potential throughout their apprenticeship programme.
* Consistently engage and coach apprentices to embed learning and ensure all apprentices are supported to achieve their full potential at every opportunity.
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring there is a triangulated approach to developing the learner, in conjunction with their line manager, throughout the learner journey.
* To develop and deliver a range of engaging short courses to support our wider training offer where required.
* To keep up to date with new developments and best practice in your subject area.
* To work with employers to identify potential training opportunities promoting awareness of training initiatives currently on offer, ensuring learners have an opportunity to progress to further training and development.
* To follow the quality procedures laid down by the Chamber and work with the organisation to ensure that recognition under the following accreditation standards is maintained; IiP Gold, ISO 9001; 2015, Matrix
* To carry out other duties as requested by Senior Management.
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Ability to deliver training to employed and unemployed learners
Ability to engage and motivate learners
Ability to engage with businesses
High level of IT
Ability to deliver the full Apprenticeship framework to learners undertaking Teaching Assistant Residential Childcare or CYPW qualifications.
High level of literacy/numeracy
TAQA / A1 qualification
Full driving licence and use of a vehicle
Qualifications relevant to area of training to be carried out
Delivering full Apprenticeship Frameworks
Delivering training in a classroom setting
Delivery of Functional Skills
Ability to IQA the full Apprenticeship Frameworks in Residential Childcare
Using electronic portfolio’s
YOU WILL ALSO NEED
An enhanced DBS check is also a requirement
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Competitive Salary and Benefits including group pension scheme
25 Days Holiday with additional days for long service plus bank holidays
Progression for the right candidate
Free town centre parking/accessible site for travel by public transport
Hybrid working policy for qualifying positions giving flexibility between office and home working
St Helens Chamber is a first class business support and training company, employing 100+ people and recognised through quality marks including: Queen’s Award for Enterprise, Investors in People Gold, British Chamber of the Year 2016 and Matrix Accreditation.
As demand for our services grows, this is your chance to join an award winning company passionate about developing people.
Full time – permanent
(Part time to full time: minimum of 22.5 hours per week)
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.