UK Job Network
Gi Group Scarborough is currently recruiting on behalf of a well-established and growing manufacturing company in York area who are seeking a Packing Operative to join our clients' friendly, close-knit production team.
This is a job role which is defined as a key worker position playing a vital role within the UK at this present time.
HOURS: 40 hours / week, days only and every other weekend
SALARY: £10.15- £ 10.66 per hour + overtime-available
This role involves:
* being accountable for product integrity
* routine cleaning of equipment and your work area
* performing regular product quality and process verification checks
* entering production, process and quality data on the computer system
* performing basic maintenance tasks, reporting faults to engineering etc
* being actively involved in problem solving/continuous improvement activities
We are looking for someone who:
* has food processing rather than packaging experience
* is used to working to recipes
* has worked on different pieces of kit/machinery to produce a variety of products
* has the necessary IT, numeracy and literacy skills for a modern processing environment
* can understand how things work, problem solve, improve performance etc
* collaborates and communicates with colleagues to achieve goals
* adapts quickly
The shift pattern is:
Week 1 – work Monday to Thursday, have Friday off, work Saturday and Sunday;
Week 2 – have Monday off, work Tuesday to Friday, have Saturday and Sunday off. You may have to stay longer some days if there's been a delay, as they produce to order each day, but this will be paid at overtime.
The successful candidate needs to be able to operate within a challenging but rewarding factory environment that is physically demanding and can entail repetitive tasks.
Ideally, experience within a similar production role, however, full on the job training will be provided. You need to have a can do attitude, be willing to work, with good communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
Due to location and duties involved in the role, a full valid driving license and TRANSPORT is required.
If you are looking for a new challenge with a successful business and have, the criteria detailed above, then apply today; we look forward to receiving your application.
Register your CV and be found by over 10,00+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV