UK Job Network
Location: Peripatetic – Swansea/Powys
Salary: £24,000 per annum dependant on experience based on 37.5 per week
Closing Date: Wednesday 8th December 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join our team. You will provide an effective occupational therapy service across Swansea and surrounding areas, that is client centred, evidence based and meets the physical, mental and spiritual needs of the clients.
You will manage all service resources effectively and take responsibility in planning and developing an Occupational Therapy service with a range of people, children and adults, who have complex specialised needs in physical, self-care, communication, feeding, behavioural difficulties and sensory issues. To carry out routine interventions following aims set out in the EHCP, Statement of education and care and treatment plans.
A day in the life of an Occupational Therapist with Orbis Education and Care Involves:
* Providing clinical related Occupational Therapy intervention guided by the individual’s specific needs, wishes and aspirations based on their EHCP, Statement of education and care and treatment plans;
* Developing and implementing treatment programmes either in groups or to individuals in close liaison with other disciplines involved in the individual’s care, having emphasis on multi-disciplinary teamwork;
* Communicating with the individuals, using the most appropriate verbal, written, sign or pictorial method, in a way that respects their view, autonomy and culture;
* Working collaboratively with all members of the clinical team and share information with the team members formally and informally, e.g. M.D.T, reviews, PCP meetings;
* Sharing relevant information and knowledge within the professional group;
* Participating and taking the lead role in the specialist education and training of professional and clinical colleagues, students, visitors and volunteers.
To be a successful Occupational Therapist with Orbis Education and Care, you’ll need:
* Registered to practice by HCPC;
* Diploma or Degree in Occupational Therapy;
* Evidence of ongoing CPD training;
* Experience of specified client group;
* Interpersonal skills to work co-operatively with colleagues, internal and external partners, working pro-actively across cultures and organisational boundaries, sharing information, new knowledge, innovation, and ideas;
* Encourages, supports, and inspires others to develop confidence, capability and realise their full potential.
In return for your Skills and Expertise, you’ll receive:
* An annual basic salary £24,000 per annum based on 37.5 hours per week;
* Paid comprehensive induction programme, free uniform and DBS;
* 33 days annual leave inclusive of public holidays;
* Access to our Salary Financing Service;
* Company pension scheme;
* Career progression opportunities;
* Eligibility for a “Blue Light Card” for additional discounts
About Orbis Education And Care:
Orbis Education & Care is a sector-leading provider of specialist services for children and adults with complex needs associated with autism. We specialise in providing individualised placements for unique individuals.
At Orbis Education and Care we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff. We remain committed to ensuring our teams can bring their true selves to work without risk or fear of discrimination.
All applicants will be subject to a Safer Recruitment process and all appointments are subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check, references and any other suitability checks deemed essential for this role.
Please click ‘Apply’ and submit your CV today
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.