UK Job Network
NDT Operative – TPPW (Wrexham)
Shift: Monday – Thursday (8am – 16:30pm), Friday (8am – 13:30pm)
Tritech has grown into a multi-site and multi-material group that now encompasses 8 facilities, including 7 across the UK and one in India. Supplying complex machined investment castings, in aluminium, steel, and vacuum melted super alloys, continuous investment by Group senior management has enabled State-of-the-Art foundry, multi-axis machining and assembly facilities to support a variety of blue chip global customers in industries such as Aerospace, Defence, Power Generation, Construction and Medical.
Reporting directly to the NDT Coordinator, you will be responsible for processing and inspecting components using Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) by dye penetrant immersion. As such, you must be competent to identify and understand drawing requirements and work to standard operating procedures. You will have excellent communication skills and have shown initiative in dealing with complex situations. You will have delivered consistently high standards of work, shown commitment and flexibility in your current role.
* Process and inspect components using Non-Destructive Testing.
* Ensure parts conform to drawing and process requirement.
* Identify and understand drawing requirements and work to standard operating procedures, customer specifications and work instructions.
* Competent to identify material and process defects using appropriate visual inspection techniques to achieve and maintain requirements.
* Responsibility for ensuring correct materials, route cards and drawings are used to produce components.
* Ensure products meet quality and accuracy requirements.
* Communicating 'Not right first time' within assigned areas.
* Personal responsibility for calibration of equipment.
* Adhere to strict health and safety rules, policies and regulations during shift.
Who are we looking for?
* Previous NDT experience within a manufacturing company is preferable, but not essential.
* You must be able to demonstrate high levels of communication, initiative and innovation.
* You must have experience of achieving business KPI's and Goals.
* Able to work well as part of a team.
* Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Show a commitment and flexible approach to your role.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Competitive Salary
* Competitive pay scales
* Attractive Shift Patterns
* Excellent on the Job and off the job training
* Personal Development Opportunities
* Multi Skilling Opportunities
* Maximum Friday 1.30pm finish (days only)
* Life Cover
* Sickness Protection Scheme
* 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
* Continual Service Awards
* Recommendation programme 'Proud to Recommend'
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.