Salary: £40000 – £45000/annum Pension, Company Bonus
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Minimum Salary: 40000.00
Maximum Salary: 45000.00
Job Location: Oldham, Greater Manchester
My client is a well established engineering firm and are preferred suppliers to the MOD, Nuclear and Heavy Engineering industries. Due to expansion they are looking to recruit a NDE Coordinator to join their team.
The role of NDE Coordinator primarily involves undertaking non-destructive testing as well as organising, NDE activities, the successful candidate will be expected to inspect, interpret, evaluate and report in accordance with recommended practice, set procedures, national and international specifications and standards. The primary duties and responsibilities are listed as follows:
* Visual Inspection.
* Magnetic Inspection.
* Liquid Penetrant Inspection.
* Ultrasonic Inspection.
* Hardness Testing.
* Work to relevant procedures and specifications
* Responsible for carrying out and recording daily, weekly, monthly validation checks.
* Responsible for the recording of results, with respect to interpreting, evaluation and providing a verdict on the results.
* Responsible for recording and reporting discrepancies, where necessary.
* Work under observation by clients and client appointed inspection personnel.
* Provide on-the-job training and guidance to Level I personnel as required.
* Responsible for the calibration of equipment.
* Occasional involvement in technical meetings with client’s or client representatives to discuss and interpret NDE requirements.
* Occasionally write project specific practices.
* Population of weld logs and NDE logs.
* Other ad-hoc duties as may be required from time to time to assist with the general operation of the facility.
* Any other tasks as requested by your line manager.
Skills Experience and Qualifications
* Operators shall be qualified as a minimum to the level of PCN/ASNT Level II.:
* Magnetic Particle testing MT
* Liquid Penetrant Testing: PT
* Visual Inspection VT
* Ultrasonic Testing: 3.1 & 3.2 Weldments (Castings, Forgings & Wrought Products also desirable but not essential)
* The candidate must be competent in using a desktop computer, and be fluent in the Microsoft Office suite of software to record, validate and issue appropriate inspection documents.
The candidate must have the ability to work as part of a team, and on their own using their own initiative. Where required the operator will, as part of the team culture, develop the skill sets and flexibility required to provide continuous improvement and customer focus.
The candidate must be flexible wherever possible to meet the company and customer requirements.
The candidate must be able to communicate with customers, customers’ representatives, external inspection authorities and with all levels of the organisation