UK Job Network
My client is looking for a qualified and experienced multi-skilled service engineer / fitter to join their growing business. The opportunity is to play a key part in the growth and development of an innovative business at the forefront of sustainable technology.
Salary £35-40k + overtime
Multi-skilled Service Engineer / Fitter role:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful multi-skilled service engineer / fitter’s role is to innovate, develop, integrate and implement system controls for new packaging technology in the Food and Beverages sector, through:
* Primarily servicing, installing, maintaining and reacting to breakdowns. This is expected to be 50% of the time to begin with, rising to 90% in 2 years.
* Secondly, working as part of a team to design, build and commission packaging machinery systems. This is expected to be 50% of the time to begin with falling to 10% in 2 years.
* Commissioning and Testing of production machines.
* Installing, programming and fault-finding PLC controlled machinery with mechanical interfacing
* Call-outs for critical machinery breakdowns
* Identifying and fixing electrical, mechanical and software faults on PLC machinery.
* Production of accurate written documentation for the customer.
* Preventative maintenance and servicing protocols
* Providing technical support for customers
Multi-skilled Service Engineer / Fitter requirement:
* A self-reliant, self-disciplined individual with drive, adaptability, creativity, problem solving and decision-making capabilities, capable of delivering against key performance objectives, ideally gained in the Food and Beverage Manufacturing sectors.
* Electrically biased with strong mechanical skills
* Skills in programming Siemens S7 / TIA Portal is an advantage along with experience in a variety of control engineering work
* Good knowledge of PLC’s, control boards, inverters, servo motors and conveyors.
* Familiar with the operation of preventative maintenance protocols and OEE.
* Good systems knowledge ideally gained in a packaging machinery environment.
* Logical approach to fault finding with the ability to diagnose and rectify faults.
* Customer focused, used to working at pace and a flexible and adaptable approach commensurate with the demands of a small, but growing business
Multi-skilled Service Engineer / Fitter previous experience & qualifications:
* A proven track record of achievement in the Field Service and Installation work preferably in the Food and drink manufacturing sector.
* Experience in Food packaging machinery would be an advantage.
* Likely to have an HNC/D Level in Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
Multi-skilled Service Engineer / Fitter Package:
Basic salary: £35k – £40k (40hrs per week, 8am to 5pm)
On call allowance: Friday to Friday £150 per week
Overtime: (working outside of the standard 40 hrs/week 8am to 5pm) at standard rate
Holiday: 33 days (inc: 8 statutory days)
Pension: Yes, with contribution
Car: Use of service vehicle when on call
Working away: Fixed limits for accommodation and meals
Skills training: As required
Register your CV and be found by over 10,00+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV