UK Job Network
Location: Welsh/Shropshire Borders Salary: £37,000
This is an opportunity to work in a clean state of the art production facility manufacturing high quality products.
These aspects allow us to compete on a national scale with extremely high volume of product from our small site in the heart of Powys wales.
* Completed a recognised, certificated apprenticeship
* Educated to HNC standard or equivalent
* Significant experience in an industrial maintenance field either mechanical or electrical (5 years + preferably FMCG)
* Self-starter, proactive, prepared to take the initiative and work without direct supervision
* Works well under pressure
* Practical approach
* Team player
The successful candidate will be required to work a shift pattern including days and nights. Candidates should also be flexible, and have a willingness to work overtime, which can be a regular requirement of the role.
What you will be doing:
You will be a part of a small maintenance team reporting to the Engineering Manager and carrying out planned, preventive and corrective maintenance, continuous improvement initiatives and project work. During production hours you will be the only engineer on site aside from during hand-over so knowledge of all areas of the plant will need to be achieved.
Responsibilities and duties:
* Utilise the in house job control system to carry out planned repairs/modifications and document all work carried out.
* To react to equipment breakdown/malfunctions and repair efficiently and effectively and monitor the repair until satisfied with the result
* To carry out planned preventative maintenance on all plant and equipment aiming to achieve maximum plant availability, with a target of zero unplanned downtime
* Completion of all relevant paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
* Have a heavy involvement in all capital projects
* To ensure any concerns which may affect operational objectives is communicated to the Engineering Manager in a timely effective manner
* Effective and economic control of spare parts for all key processes
* Assist in the introduction & commissioning of additional products or processes into the business
* Keeping the engineering workshop clean tidy and organised to aid the location of spares and tools in the event that there is no technician on site
* Provide cover for the key functions of other roles within the shop floor operations where relevant and possible
* Work in a flexible manor with other engineering staff to provide 24hr technical cover either in person or on the phone
* Identify continuous improvement opportunities, suggest and where relevant implement solutions
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.