UK Job Network
My client is a privately owned global leading supplier of fibre optic measurement systems. They supply strain measurement systems to many leading Wind Turbine manufacturers, as well as customising core technology for applications in Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Marine and other markets.
Based in Fareham, employing approximately 70 people, they have seen amazing growth and now have this fantastic opportunity to join their team.
They design and manufacture on site, and deliver systems to our customers in Europe, Asia and the US.
Their company has grown rapidly in the past 18 months and continues to expand in all areas. They are passionate about what they do, and pride themselves on creating a positive environment for their employees to work.
You will never be a number; everyone is a valued member of their team. Their business is led by a Senior Leadership Team who are committed to their values of respect, nurture, innovation and being agile. They are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees in a safe working environment. They support an environment of mutual trust and confidence with fair pay and benefits, along with, wherever possible, an opportunity for self-improvement and advancement. They are committed to creating an atmosphere that encourages employees to treat one another fairly and with dignity and respect. They continuously strive to be a great employer and are looking for people join our team who will support these values.
* Varied mix of desk-based CAD and hands on engineering within the engineering team
* Work with local machine shops to have them build prototype parts
* Working within a multidisciplinary team of mechanical, electronics, software, and photonics engineers
* Work on requirements capture, design, phototyping, testing, reporting and BOM of engineering projects
* Tracking and reporting of risks and progress on our larger internal and external projects
* Will likely work in aluminium, basic steels, injection moulded plastics and glass composites, knowledge of other materials and techniques are also an advantage
Qualifications and experience:
* Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree
* Ability to independently determine best approach to assigned tasks and manage workload
* Experienced with one or more 3D CAD/CAM modelling tools (e.g. Solidworks, Inventor, NX, Fusion 360)
* Should have knowledge of common machining, moulding, folding, 3D printing and similar production techniques
* Knowledge of composites, fibre optics, LabVIEW, programming, electrical wiring or electrical engineering all advantageous, but not required
* Strong problem-solving skills and logical approach, excellent attention to detail
* Understanding of Health and Safety practices
* Computer literate, comfortable with Web, Email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.