If you’re warm-hearted, curious, and looking for a long-term relationship with an employer, we’re offering the opportunity for a select handful of the sector’s best carers to join our team and be part of something amazing.
Your Role As A Live-in Carer
You will be expected to live at our elderly clients' homes across Scotland. Some of your duties will be:
* Assisting clients with personal care (getting washed, dressed, toileting).
* Providing friendly companionship.
* Helping clients with light housekeeping (cleaning, laundry, cooking).
* Going on outings (grocery shopping, social events, hospital appointments, where appropriate in line with government advice).
* Supporting clients with taking their medication.
* Writing daily reports.
You’ll have a contract with a guaranteed working pattern. You’ll be able to choose from the below working patterns (inclusive of a 2-hour daily break):
* 1 week on/1 week off
* 2 weeks on/2 week off
* 4 weeks on/4 weeks off
The starting salary is £104.65 per day. We’ll upgrade your salary to £106 per day based on your performance after a year of service.
Live In Care Assistant Job Requirements
* Life experience is essential. You need to be empathetic and understanding.
* You should have a positive attitude, patience, and good communication skills.
* Commitment, reliability and a mature and proactive approach to situations.
* A driving licence and own transport are highly beneficial.
We are so proud to work alongside our frontline Bright Carer heroes during this time. As such, we’ve taken prudent steps in order to be laser focused on the health and wellbeing of our staff.
* We provide a full and bespoke Bright Care PPE kit for every member of staff.
* Our in-house coach supports all the workforce to discuss any impacts from working on the frontline during these times.
* Our leadership team have daily meetings to stay abreast of regulatory and government changes.
* We believe it vital for our Bright Care Academy to provide face-to-face training to best equip staff to feel confident in caring for our clients. Hence we’ve adapted our interview and training process to be aligned with safe, social distancing measures, in our Covid-19 Secure offices.
Live In Care Assistant Key Benefits
We are committed to the wellbeing of our employees. Therefore, we offer:
* A consistent working pattern with your regular client (or clients).
* Good work-life balance. You can choose not to do extra shifts on your weeks off.
* All mileage paid at 30p per mile, as well as covered public transport cost.
* A contribution of £100 for a return flight, if you are travelling from abroad.
* Accrued paid holidays.
* Cover of half cost of SVQ 2 (formally SCQF 6, Scotland).
* Cover of full cost of PVG (Scotland).
* Cover of full cost of SSSC registration for your first year (Scotland).
* High-quality training and ongoing development.
* Full uniform, and PPE.
* Cover of admin cost to upgrade your car insurance to business insurance.
Why Bright Care Is Different
Bright Care is an award winning, family-run business, established in 2009 to provide fully managed, in-home senior care and companionship services throughout Scotland and England.
We choose not to engage with council services. This means we can really go the extra mile to provide exceptionally high quality self-funded care. Since we are not an agency, you'll have the full support of our office-based staff. What’s more, you’ll be part of a team who are fully invested in your career and development.
In 2018, we were voted one of ‘The 100 Best Small Companies To Work For’ in The Sunday Times UK survey, as well as reaching 10th place in the Best Companies in Scotland