Salary: £40000 – £45000/annum
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Minimum Salary: 40000.00
Maximum Salary: 45000.00
Job Location: Walsall, West Midlands (County)
Our client is looking to employ a Lead Environmental Advisor to support their delivery teams in developing and implementing environmental mitigations throughout the design and construction of projects. You will be responsible for ensuring that relevant legislation is adhered to, in addition to assisting in the planning, implementation, monitoring and review of HSE strategies.
The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge and understanding of ecology matters and pre-construction screening. You will liaise closely with internal and external stakeholders and therefore must be an effective communicator with excellent presentation and report writing skills.
This position is ideal for an individual who is looking to progress in their environmental career.
* To Assist with early ecology surveying and screening
* With guidance from the HSEQ Manager and HSEQ Director, you will set internal standards that continually raises performance and adheres to customers’ requirements.
* Support External Audits
* Produce and report on Environmental performance
* Attend Management Review Meetings
* Attend Client meeting and support and contribute to their environmental initiatives
* Develop and deliver internal environmental training courses
* Identify environmental good practices for inclusion in company communications
* Monitor and review environmental performance data to drive improvements
* Provide monthly Environmental/ Energy and Sustainability reports
* Undertake site inspections and audits to programme
* Support the HSEQ Manager during incident investigations, providing insights on relevant improvements that are required
* Undertake Annual Energy reviews
* To Assist site management to comply with environmental requirements and sharing of best practice
Skills and Experience
* Sound Knowledge and understanding of ecology matters and pre-construction screening
* Affiliate or Associate IEMA or equivalent qualification is desirable
* Qualified to degree level in environmental or relevant experience of on or off-site support in construction, infrastructure or consultancy sectors or associated industries
* Competent in Office 365 with PowerBi and PowerApps desirable
* An excellent team player and effective communicator
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to suit this role, please send your details to Jennifer Cox by clicking 'Apply Now' or call Jenny on (phone number removed)