UK Job Network
Our Birmingham, UK Humanitarian Academy for Development (HAD) Office is actively recruiting for the position of Learning & Development Business Partner (Digital Learning Lead).
Serving the Humanitarian and International Development Sector and its parent Islamic Relief Worldwide – HAD leverages digital platforms, public relations, events and the media, all in line with HAD’s vision, mission and strategy. It is envisioned to be a hub where humanitarian and development theories and practice are studied, examined and developed.
The purpose of the role is to ensure learning needs are identified and matched with appropriate, relevant and cost effective solutions to ensure staff have the knowledge and skills to perform effectively in their current and future roles through well designed learning programmes and talent management processes. This role will lead on the design, development and roll-out of a high-quality digital learning experience.
PERSON SPECIFICATION It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and empathy with the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to IRW’s vision and mission. This section should detail the requirements of the role in the following sections:
The successful candidate must have or be:
• Experience of developing digital learning and of delivering learning resources to a range of stakeholders
• Experience in the operational and strategic delivery of digital education
• Knowledge of pedagogical approaches and methods for designing and delivering online learning to adult learners (e.g. instructional design)
• Experience of successfully developing and running substantial learning interventions (both face to face and in electronic format) and sessions that are proven to be effective.
• Experience using Articulate Storyline 360 to design e-learning interventions
• Experience managing and developing an LMS system
• Both as a single trainer and a co-tutor, must have extensive experience of delivering training courses across a range of topics
* Experience of successfully developing and running substantial learning interventions (both face to face and in electronic format) and sessions that are proven to be effective.
* Experience using Articulate Storyline 360 to design e-learning interventions •
* Experience managing and developing an LMS system •
* Both as a single trainer and a co-tutor, must have extensive experience of delivering training courses across a range of topics •
* Proven record of excellent people and interpersonal skills with strong communication skills at individual and group levels.
* Aptitude for quickly grasping new technical concepts
* Ability and motivation for travel in UK and, especially, internationally Desirable
* Previous experience in working within humanitarian and development sector
* Knowledge and experience of training required at a field office level
* A professional or academic qualification in a training/teaching related field
* Knowledge of Humanitarian programmes
* Understanding of humanitarian standards such as CHS, SPHERE, etc
* CIPD qualified
* Must be very familiar with the working culture of various countries where HAD will potentially work
* Experience of programme management at Field level
* Understanding and experience in facilitating learning amongst different cultures.
* Experience in developing learning applications would be desirable
* Knowledge of a second language (ideally Arabic)
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place mid June. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
* screening clearance
* proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
* receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
Register your CV and be found by over 10,00+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV