Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Minimum Salary: 20592.00
Maximum Salary: 20592.00
Job Location: Salford, Greater Manchester
Job Title: Kitchen Porter
Salary: £20,592 (40hrs p/w)
Job Type: Full time, permanent
The Lowry is an internationally acclaimed cultural landmark situated at the heart of MediaCityUK, one of the world's most exciting culture and media destinations. We are committed to celebrating the unique heritage of the location, putting communities and people at the heart of all we do.
About the role:
We are looking for a Kitchen Porter to work in our busy kitchen preparing and cleaning catering areas as directed, ensuring consistently high standards of hygiene and room presentation.
* Undertake the daily cleaning and preparation of equipment in catering areas and to adhere to cleaning schedules.
* The removal/exchange of catering waste bins from all service/basement areas and to periodically deep clean the kitchen and catering areas as directed by the Chef de Cuisine.
* Ensure that all kitchen equipment is used correctly and properly maintained with any defects immediately reported.
* Assist with the handling of deliveries and movement of stock ensuring the correct receipt and storage following recommended administration procedures.
* Assist in the accurate monitoring of all food wastage and to make effective use of all food commodities by ensuring the correct storage, handling and stock rotation.
* Assist in the movement of catering equipment and furniture around the building.
* Ensure that the health and safety regulations are upheld in the kitchen.
* Promote and comply with legislation and The Lowry's policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others.
* Identify and undertake training and development as required in order to meet personal and business needs.
* Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the level of the post so as to ensure the smooth running of The Lowry.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative.
* Strong organisational skills.
* Good communication skills.
* A flexible and adaptable approach to working hours.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Understanding of Health and Safety/ hygiene.
* Basic Food Hygiene.
* Trained in C.O.S.H.H.
* Trained in manual handling.
* Experience in a cleaning or portering position.
* Experience of working in a similar sized catering and or visitor attraction venue.
Benefits and package:
* Complimentary and discounted theatre and live event tickets.
* Free car parking at MediaCityUK just a few minutes' walk from The Lowry building.
* Birthday day off!
* Discounts at the bars, restaurant and gift shop located within The Lowry building.
Please note that MediaCityUK is a well-connected destination with a variety of different transport options – bus, car, tram and bike.
To ensure fairness during our shortlisting process, we ask that you remove all personal details (such as name, age, location, ethnicity, marital status etc) from your CV and covering letter before uploading. This reduces the risk of any potential bias during our recruitment process and ensures that all shortlisting is based on skills, experience and suitability for a role. Thank you for your understanding.
If you're interested in the role and would like to put yourself forward please hit APPLY. Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Restaurant Assistant, Catering Assistant, Chef Assistant, Food Preparation, Kitchen Assistant, Food Hygiene, Food Prep, Cook Assistant, Food Health and Safety Assistant will also be considered for this role