UK Job Network
Exertis (brand name) is the trading name of DCC Technology, a place where we thrive in a company culture that centres around our people, our customers and our business. A global sales, marketing and distribution partner to many of the biggest technology brands in the world ranging from Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Facebook supplying many household retailers and IT resellers around the world. Together, enabling people and businesses to grow and progress through technology. DCC Technology is one of four subdivisions of DCC.
DCC plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100, having completed over 270 acquisitions since flotation in 1994 and yielding a 7,000% return to shareholders over the past 25 years.
To deliver continuous value to customers and the business in a sustainable, quality driven environment. Evolve our software code base, tools and agile processes, to more efficiently identify and satisfy the ever-changing demands of our customers and business needs through a combination of coding and review. Identify changes to tools, systems and adjust the way we interact with our customers, whether they be internal or external.
We are looking for front-end developer with a keen eye for design and details. Front end developers are responsible for ensuring the alignment of original web design brief and functionality requirements, optimizing web pages for maximum efficiency with accessibility across all browser platforms, and code structure with best practices, among other duties.
Front end developers are required to work in teams alongside back-end developers, graphic designers, and user experience designers to ensure all elements of web creation are consistent. This requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Excellent communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently by demonstrating how to work and collaborate with key stakeholders and business to establish the final requirements and build a high quality website or webpage that meets web content accessibility guidelines AA and Google standards.
In order to be successful in the role this will require:
* Be an energetic ‘self-starter’ with the ability to take ownership and be accountable for deliverables, both individually and when leading a team.
* Seeks and engages in continued learning new technologies and front-end developer industry best practices, ensuring that self-development skills and knowledge are up-today and able to adopted and applied to our projects and business.
* Build elegant, robust, and reliable solutions for complex technical problems.
* Leverage your understanding of coding best practices, including topics like secure coding, testing paradigms, effective peer code reviews, logging, and resilient architecture patterns, to ensure that our code is clean and complies with adopted coding practices.
* Managing your time, and that of the team priority to ensure that deadlines are met.
* Suggest best practices for coding standards, design patterns, technology stack, development processes and ways of working to ensure that the department thrives and continually strives towards excellence.
* Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the DCC Group Code of Conduct.
Skills and Experience Required:
* The ability to manage an agile development team, setting goals, performing regular reviews, motivating the team and organising them so all work is done on time and to the standards as set by the development procedures.
* Demonstrate an understanding of software patterns, software modelling, secure programming principles, test-driven development or another unit testing methodology, and code standards compliance.
* Ability to work with business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into technical designs within an Agile environment.
* Proven technical skills, working within an industry standard Framework.
* Adept at producing fully responsive applications within a multitude of environments using modern up-to-date techniques, whilst still being able to support legacy systems and platforms.
* Proven experience of developing and delivering secure, WordPress websites and able to customize WordPress Plugins and templates that meet the business required for key functionality
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.