UK Job Network
Due to expansion, JRS are recruiting for Head of Operations to come and join their successful manufacturing client in Hook.
The purpose of the role is to have a strategic oversight of the operational effectiveness of the Planning and Procurement process, delivering an accurate, realistic and team wide strategy to ensure the shortest possible order lead-time for the customer whilst maintaining appropriate stock levels based on the needs of the business. You will be expected to successfully and strategically manage complex MRP and planning processes.
Duties to include (but not limited to):
* Lead and provide the strategic leadership and operational oversight of the Planning and Procurement team
* Review and implement process and procedures to support the team, including defining the appropriate reports and KPI’s relevant to the team and wider business
* Implement and lead on a strategic approach to reducing lead–times on customer orders whilst maintaining appropriate stock levels
* Lead a supplier management programme that ensures delivery on time for the best value and to the right quality
* Provide strategic oversight of the MRP / ERP systems required to support the planning and procurement process
* Implement stock reduction and stock turn efficiencies, whilst maintaining stock levels to meet customer demands
* Work with the sales team at both quote and order stage to provide timely information enabling sales to provide the best information to customers
* Work with the Associate Operations Director and the Planning Manager to forecast and manage the planning and procurement of materials and people to enable on time delivery to customers
* Excellent leadership skills with the ability to motivate staff and develop team commitment
* Strategic procurement experience within a manufacturing background is essential
* Strong knowledge of production scheduling and planning systems using MRP / ERP processes.
* A willingness to engage, visit and develop supplier relationships along with previous exposure to sub-contract supply chain use would be advantageous
* At least 5 years’ experience in a senior operational role within a supply chain management &/or Planning environment.
* The ability to demonstrate building relationships at all levels and communicating clearly both orally and in writing
* Experience in cross-functional teams will be an advantage
* Knowledge along with experience of Sage 200 Manufacturing would be preferable
* Salary to be discussed on application
* Company lunch provided
* Share scheme
* Health insurance
* Company fun days
* Company pension
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted by one of our consultants. If you have not heard from JRS within 5 working days of your application being submitted, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.