Salary: £23000 – £27000/annum Depending on experience + Benefits
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Minimum Salary: 23000.00
Maximum Salary: 27000.00
Job Location: BD20, Cross Hills, North Yorkshire
Our clients create beauty in design, a professional and creative team deliver design and engineering solutions which are driven by a true appreciation for the built environment and a real understanding of each individual clients exacting requirements and ambitions.
Since 1988 they have amassed a strong reputation for delivering nationwide complex design solutions across many sectors including commercial, leisure, education and residential. The relationships within the design team from client’s concept to final handover are key. Ideally located for the major towns and cities of Yorkshire and Lancashire they drive a culture of continuous improvement and design excellence which all goes into delivering the project vision.
Exceptionally friendly and welcoming customer service and a client base of leading Architects, private clients, developers and contractors, delivering exceptional projects nationwide combine to create a positive, dynamic working environment
They now seek a Graduate Geo-Environmental Engineer to help undertake site inspections, supervise ground investigation works, soil/groundwater monitoring and sampling visits. Responsible for technical input to Phase I reports and assist in the technical input into Phase II investigations and remediation reporting. This includes assisting in the production of proposals, completion of appropriate scheduling of laboratory testing, site monitoring, data assessment, reporting and financial performance.
• Provide solutions to technical problems and ability to provide factual input into technical reports.
• Provide clear and factually correct reports that require negligible amendment by authorising signatory.
• To demonstrate a working knowledge of the Group Health and Safety policy and assist in the production of site-specific risk assessments.
• When requested, to provide proactive input into team and Company initiatives.
• To demonstrate an understanding and comply with company policies, procedures, legislation and work within agreed resources.
• Contribute to the achievements of the team and Company objectives.
• To develop and maintain positive working relationships with both internal and external clients and suppliers.
• To contribute to personal and collective safety.
• Demonstrate willingness and take a proactive approach to ongoing CPD, such as attendance at courses and professional meetings.
* Bachelor degree in Earth Sciences or Civil Engineering & a Postgraduate degree in Earth Sciences or Civil Engineering.
* In lieu of a Postgraduate degree, sufficient work experience to demonstrate an equivalent knowledge.
* To demonstrate a working knowledge and show developing expertise in the use of software packages including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Holebase, slope stability software and a basic understanding of AutoCAD.
* 1 – 2 years’ experience of geoenvironmental work preferably within a consultancy background, desirable but not essential.
* An effective track record of managing own workload and working unsupervised, with experience of formulating technical reports, with excellent written English and strong verbal communication skills.
* Willingness to travel and work outside in inclement weather conditions.
* Basic knowledge of geotechnical and contamination laboratory testing methods, scheduling, assessing and their interpretation.
* Knowledge of the design of conceptual site models to understand geological conditions for development proposals.
* Production of structured factual, assimilating desk study, site information and laboratory test results into ground and design models.
* Ability to assess data sets and interpret data using current applicable standards and guidance.
* Knowledge of the nature and types of geotechnical structures, to include foundations, earthworks, retaining structures and slopes.
* Driving Licence
* Good report writing skills
* Effective presentational skills
* Sound research methodology skills
* Investigative skills
* Excellent organisation skills
* Proactive & hardworking attitude
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills
* Analytical approach skills and analysis to identify and resolve problems
* Attention to detail
* Team player
* Self-driven approach
* High levels of integrity
If this sounds like the right role for you, please send your CV and you receive a call back to discuss your requirements
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.