Job Type: Full Time / Contract
Job Location: Lincoln, Lincolnshire
Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Fitter on a 6 month contract based in Lincolnshire.
This Role Falls Outside IR35 –
Responsibilities of the Fitter:-
* You will work within a team reporting to a Chargehand or Site Supervisor on installation activities and when required and have Fitter’s Mates or Apprentices working with you.
* Duty of care for all staff on site and will be allocated to Installation activities that they are engage in to ensure that they always work safely.
* You shall undertake activities within your level of expertise and training that are allocated by a Chargehand or Site Supervisor and always conduct themselves as per the Company’s processes and procedures.
* Adhere to the site rules as briefed to them by the Chargehand / Site Supervisor /Site Manager.
* Challenge any unauthorised access to the work area allocated to them ensuring unauthorised/non-essential personnel are prevented from entering by means briefed to them by the Chargehand / Site Supervisor.
* Proactively work together to foresee any potential health, safety, environmental and quality issues in their work area and remove them when identified.
* Comply with the Health and Safety, Environmental & Quality Plans and know their duties to be discharged in each case. Carrying out actions and assist in creating required documentation within the project milestone dates.
* Assist in the production of method statements and risk assessments, stopping work and reviewing RAMS if required.
* Carry out any actions for their team from the weekly safety walks and internal and external audits, within the allotted timescales.
* Report all non-conformances, accidents/incidents/hazards and near misses observed and cooperate in any investigations arising from them.
* Actively engage in a culture of openness and a willingness to listen to others when best practice is shared with them. Highlight any best practice they see.
* Attend toolbox talks, daily point of work risk assessments and safety briefings, recording attendance and giving constructive feedback.
* Proactively participate in the completion of all task cards allocated to their team to the required timescale and comply with timesheet and expenses submission timescales.
* Ensure all tools and equipment allocated to the activities they are engaged in are utilised effectively, are maintained, and inspected for defects and calibrated or tested as required.
* Carries out any other duties within his competence as directed by the Site Supervisor
* Operate within timescales set out and highlight potential deviations in advance.
Requirements of the Fitter:-
* CCNSG Safety Passport Supervisor.
* Manual Handling Training.
* Working at Height Training.
* Ladder User Training.
* For work on NG Contracts (in addition to above).
* Impressed Voltage Awareness Training (IVAT)
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.