UK Job Network
On behalf of our client, ITS Building People in Southampton are recruiting for an experienced Estimator to join a modular build construction company in the Winchester area of Hampshire.
The role will be to work in the estimating department of a modular build manufacture/construction company that specialise in Steel Frame, Cladding, Glazing, Curtain Wall, design/manufacture/installation.
Duties to include
* Estimating and securing of Steel Frame, Cladding, Glazing, Curtain Wall works.
* Successful delivery of estimates, cost, variation, and payment control on a wide range of projects
* Must have experience of Evaluate estimating system or similar
* Taking accurate dimensions from drawings or interpreting a BoQ and transferring this information into accurate quotes.
* Able to work under pressure when required to meet tight deadlines
* Ability to communicate effectively with clients and offer design and build input and value engineering during the tender process
* Making supply orders on time to budget
* An ability to obtain and negotiate competitive supplier quotations
* Manage the workflow, attend internal company project meetings, report progress and implement changes back into the estimating office- Tender and live projects
* Good IT knowledge/computer literacy (Outlook, Word, Excel)
* Confident with excellent interpersonal skills. Highly organised and able to multi task and prioritise workloads under own initiative
* Potential for some travel to clients, suppliers, site
* Any other associated duties that will enable you to complete your role as a team member of the business.
* Willing to learn new skills and be part of the continued development of the team/company
* Steel Frame/Cladding, knowledge essential
* Glazing, knowledge preferred but not essential
* Good knowledge and experience of the general estimating processes within manufacturing/construction
* Must have experience of Evaluate estimating system or similiar
* Confident communicator and willing to work within a team environment and implement new procedures
* Team leader experience essential
* Project management skills would be an advantage
* Technical ability to understand engineering drawing
* Buying experience would be an advantage
* Experience working within a Steel Fabrication environment
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft package
* Competitive salary
* Contributory pension
* Car parking
* 23 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
If you feel that this might be a role that you could be suitable for, please submit your CV today to be considered
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.