UK Job Network
Are you a qualified Environmental Risk Advisor, with current up to date knowledge of all industry ISO standards? Does your experience include providing operational support and guidance, ensuring compliance, managing defects, reporting and management system maintenance?
When you join SUEZ, you get more than a brand-new role. Your work will help us deliver innovative and environmentally responsible solutions for water and waste management. You will get a chance to help us preserve and restore our planet’s natural capital for future generations. It’s a career that’s not only exciting, but full of opportunities as well as professional and personal fulfilment.
What will I be doing as an EIR Advisor?
You will provide a regional focal point for EIR best practice, giving advice, guidance, support and recommendations to the Operational Teams to ensure a process of continual improvement and that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with environmental permits, legislation, EIR Management Guidelines and relevant ISO and BS standards.
This will involve environment & industrial risk compliance and support for all areas of the business, including Energy, Landfill, Processing, Industrial & Commercial and Municipal.
Core elements of the role will be to:
* Assist in the management and update of the Group IRM (Insurance Risk Management) platform for the UK, including remote support to other EIR team members
* Work with operational teams in the management of defects as identified and to track that defects are rectified appropriately.
* Be point of contact with the Regulator, to review compliance assessment reports and permit breaches, and to assist in notifications when required.
* Assist in compiling and submitting annual reports and waste returns to EA (as well as any other report as required by the Environmental Permit).
* Obtain and collate data from installations required for the compilation of the Pollution Inventory Report in February each year.
* Produce management plans (Fire Prevention Plan – FPP, Odour Management Plan – OMP, Site Management Plan – SMP and Monitoring Management Plan – MMP) which accurately reflect regulatory requirements.
* Providing data to line management in order to facilitate the production of monthly reports.
Central to the role is making sure SUEZ comply with all statutory and corporate environmental monitoring and reporting requirements, through liaison with the report writing team and the regionally based monitoring teams, investigating significant breaches of environment permits and evaluating the full environment and financial impacts of such breaches. From this you will be able to provide advice and guidance on incident management to reduce the risk of pollution to the environment.
What are the requirements/qualifications?
It is essential for you to have experience of writing, reviewing and maintaining Management Systems, with a current up to date knowledge of activities within the industry, to ensure sustained accreditation to ISO 9000, 14000 and 18000 standards, so that Environment permits can be undertaken to ‘best available techniques’ (BAT).
Additional requirements include:
* A Degree or equivalent in Environmental Sciences.
* A Professional membership of relevant bodies in order to keep up to date with the latest standards.
* A detailed understanding of project management approaches. The work requires good project management skills to ensure the correct information is provided within the statutory timescales.
* Knowledge of legal reporting requirements for example waste return, energy efficiency, permit requirements
Who we are
At SUEZ the efficient and sustainable management of resources around the globe is at the heart of everything we do. Respect – acting ethically and with integrity – is one of our core values. We’re passionate about the environment and believe in protecting our world. Over 90,000 likeminded people worldwide makes for an incredible team, where collaboration and trust are part of the way we work. With true team spirit, we can give our customers a standard of service that goes above and beyond and ensure that our local communities have access to essential water and waste services.
We thank our people for all they do with development opportunities, wide-ranging benefits and rewards that reflect their hard work. In a friendly, supportive environment, you’ll be inspired to grow and play your part in creating a better future for all.
*No agencies please
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.