Salary: £600 – £900/week
Job Type: Full Time / Contract
Minimum Salary: 600.00
Maximum Salary: 900.00
Job Location: Birmingham
£600 – £900 per week – salary is dependent on experience and qualifications (in particular, the teacher pay scale)
ABC Teachers are looking for an English Teacher to teach in a hospital school 4 days per week. The students are very high achieving and have mental health needs. They are based in a hospital school in North Birmingham.
About the role:
English Teacher for Key Stage 4 and 5
Small class sizes of high achieving pupils with mental health needs
Working Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday – 08:30am to 15:30pm
About the school:
Located in North Birmingham
Easy to access via public transport and car – parking available
Provides specilaist care for students from the aged of 8 to 18 with mental health needs
Provides an academic timetable alongside a therapeutic timetable with a team of education and health care staff
Be suitably qualified to be an English Teacher and hold a qualification such as a PGCE, Certed, BEd etc.
Enhanced DBS registered to the update service or willingness to obtain a new certificate.
Professional reference checks – two references for schools that can comment on your teaching in the last 5 years
Ideally have previous experience working with children and young people with mental health needs.
ABC Teachers are a leading teaching agency based in Lichfield, UK, specialises in education recruitment. We work closely with teachers, support and leadership staff for temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and other alternative provisions across the east and west midlands.
What ABC Teachers offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme – you are guaranteed pay for the days you have confirmed you can work(subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Start your career and begin to change lives by working in special education- apply now
How to apply:
Apply today for the role of English Teacher via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact our SEND Team on (phone number removed)