Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Job Location: Helensburgh, Argyll & Bute
Job Title: Fleet Engineering Administrator
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh, UK
Compensation: £23, 802 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 47929
Make your skills count
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Waterfront Fleet Engineering Administrator at Faslane, Helensburgh
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
The Fleet Engineering Administrator is based within our Clyde business area.
As the Ministry of Defence's commercial partner at HMNB Clyde, Babcock provides specialist engineering support services, including the management of infrastructure and nuclear facilities. We also deliver operational maintenance, upgrades and repairs to support Royal Navy vessels, including the Vanguard and Astute-Class nuclear submarines.
The difference our new Fleet Engineering Administrator will make
As a Fleet Engineering Administrator you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be part of an experienced team and play a key role in the provision of administrative support to the Fleet Engineering Department. This is an opportunity to work within a large defence organisation with wider career development prospects throughout the business.
This role requires regular travel to Faslane on a weekly basis alongside remote working arrangements and access to any Babcock Hub.
Day to day, you'll provide general administrative duties, including report writing, minute taking, filing, vessel access lists, visitor notifications, ordering supplies (including contractor assistance)
Inputting timesheet data to Labour Booking Portal. Assist Fleet Engineering getting capacity contractor timesheets in time. The use of CONCUR and FCM for foreign and domestic travel bookings
Maintaining the Section's information for both mandatory and role requirement training including CONDO. Ensuring all Section information boards are up to date on a daily/weekly basis as required.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
* Previous experience in an administrative role and working experience of using databases to record/manage information and of analysing data and producing Management Information.
* Strong knowledge of MS Office software, particularly in MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
* Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, and are a self-motivated individual with proven ability to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail when completing administrative tasks.
* HNC qualification in Business Administration or SVQ equivalent would be desirable.
* You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the . If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.