UK Job Network
The world’s largest manufacturer of high-technology cables and systems for energy and telecommunications is now looking for a Diagnostics Engineer to join its team. Reporting to the Testing Manager, the Diagnostics Engineer will be the National technical lead for The Company’s innovative diagnostic services. This includes identifying markets to sell products and services to and growing the current business with the support of regional engineers. They will be expected to be able to provide the services as part of the commissioning element of The Company’s projects as well as to external customers. They will also be expected to support overseas with services occasionally.
Applications from ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
* Partial discharge measurement of accessories
* Identify and promote commercial opportunities
* Understand and achieve growth in existing markets
* Act as liaison between The Company’s UK business and its Italian operation.
* Ensure compliance to safety, environmental, quality and security procedures. Promote a culture of safety, quality and environmental best practice at all times by means of effective communication and site audits
Key Qualifications and Experience
* An electrical engineering background with previous experience of working in a high voltage environment
* Whilst training will be provided on The Company’s diagnostic services, a technical aptitude and willingness to learn is essential
* Applicants will need good computer literacy, particularly regarding Microsoft Word, Excel and Access with the capability of writing technical reports of high quality
* Communication skills and team working aptitude
* Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
* Travel will be required and a full UK driving licence is essential
* Willingness to work flexibly, including evenings, weekends or bank holidays, as required, and to participate in an on-call rota
* The expectation is that the role will encompass a lot of travel covering all of the UK. Therefore candidates should be happy to travel and also be away from home for periods of time.
Salary: Competitive plus Company Car, Allowances, Overtime, Private Health Cover and Pension
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted. Please state your salary expectations
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.